Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coupla interesting local stories
Did anyone read the High Times article on Roger Christie posted on Damon's blog yesterday? I really appreciated it cause I've told numerous people over the years that Christie's stance was gonna get him in trouble, since the Supreme Court has shot down mj use on religious grounds for years.

In addition, his flagrant baiting of the DEA locally didn't do anyone any favors here. With the federal administration's stance of not targeting medical users, that meant in order for the DEA to rationalize maintaining their sweet Pacific outpost here, they had to find someone to target as publicly as possible. Roger stepped right up to the plate. Trouble is, that also set up his clients and officers as targets.

Hawaii247.com had an interesting piece from someone in Hawaiian Shores today too. Stories about the problems on the HS board are sad to hear, as it's so hard to get responsible, reasonable people to serve in community associations here. And since we don't have townships or another local level of gov't below the county, communities can become toxic...not good on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Here's the link:

http://www.hawaii247.com/2010/11/17/o’ha...sociation/
I have to ask:

What do the ethics charges against Ms. Emily Naeole, brought against her by Toni Robert, who is currently the president of the Hawaiian Shores Community Association, have to do with Roger Christie and marijuana?

Thank you Mdd7000.

Toni Robert [that would be me] is here on this board to discuss anything she can on a thread made directed at her.

Toni, who is a 'critter lover'
www.write-matters.com
"Q might have done the right thing for the wrong reason, perhaps we need a good kick in our complacency to get us ready for what's ahead" -- Captain Picard, to Guinan (Q Who?)
Nice Toni ... Two sides to every story yeah ?

aloha,
pog
Aloha Pog,

Yes, sometimes more than two sides, which is the case here.

Thank you.

Toni, who is a 'critter lover'
www.write-matters.com
"Q might have done the right thing for the wrong reason, perhaps we need a good kick in our complacency to get us ready for what's ahead" -- Captain Picard, to Guinan (Q Who?)
Let's just face it Roger was and is a dealer who rubbed it in the noses of the Gov. He was in it for the money as all dealers are. I think that he should be let out on bail but the Gov has had enough of him and his "the Devil made me do it" way.

Oh ho,

I said a no no here, that statement makes me look like a marijuana hater, well come to think of it I am, so have at it but be sure to bong-up first.

Even Roger's own kind have turned against him because they now see him for what he is "a dealer" for profit. He has been posing as a prophet for God and there is a big differance.

The Lack

The Lack Toons
Let's just face it Roger was and is a dealer who rubbed it in the noses of the Gov. He was in it for the money as all dealers are. I think that he should be let out on bail but the Gov has had enough of him and his "the Devil made me do it" way.

Oh ho,

I said a no no here, that statement makes me look like a marijuana hater, well come to think of it I am, so have at it but be sure to bong-up first.

Even Roger's own kind have turned against him because they now see him for what he is "a dealer" for profit. He has been posing as a prophet for God and there is a big differance.

The Lack

The Lack Toons
It's always interesting to see other peoples' takes on one's own thinking. But I just noted two interesting blog items of local interest...I didn't say they were related.

And I guess I was focusing more on the Hawaiian Shores dilemma than on the ethics board issue in the second piece. It's been for at least 2 or 3 years that people at our community association meetings have occasionally mentioned the problems, including going into receivership, that have plagued that nearby subdivision.

A lot of homeowners feel completely shut out of their community associations here and, as I've seen over the 32 years I've been in Nanawale, the problem just keeps going round and round here with no solution. And absolutely not one community association has been immune. That's why I really hoped for the political move to find another, more accountable level of self-governance below the county level would take off here. As we now know, it went nowhere.

I was hoping to see rational discussion of two separate points that had been on my mind for some time and then on one day of reading blogs, came across them. I made the points I wanted...nothing more than what I've already posted. Malama pono, Frankie
P.S. Does that help, Lani?
Frankie,it's hard to read the colored text.May be it's just me.
That font -- Comic? -- is not a good one for legibility on a monitor. It's OK for a tagline, but not a serious post. I'd ask people to use the default font and not get fancy.

I also think that a topic about TWO unrelated issues is doomed to become a mess, especially if one of those issues is DEA and pot.

The HOA issue should have its own topic. Just my feedback.