Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sat. Dec. 11th Pohoiki Paina / Aha Moku
Kuulei Kealoha Cooper-Springer has asked me to alert the public and extend an invitation to attend and participate in the Pohoiki Paina / Aha Moku.

RT

From Kuulei Kealoha Cooper-Springer:

Our Pohoiki Paina (community gathering) being held at Issac Hale Beach Park on Saturday, December 11, 2010.

10 am to 4 pm

http://www.wix.com/pelekumulagoon/pohoiki

As I mentioned in our conversation, due to the resolution being passed approving the County to begin negotiations with the Kealoha Estate for a proposed swimming area/cultural park, it was important for me to get community input prior to the start of any negotiations with the County, in the old Hawaiian style of Aha Moku. I will look forward to talking again as we go through the planning stages of any proposal, including the County's current potential park. My Papa dedicated his life to public service, and would want me to provide what the community needs are via this manner:

The Aha Moku is a native Hawaiian structure of natural resource management that can be incorporated into our current resource management processes. They will establish a comprehensive set of native Hawaiian best management practices and advise the government and the community on their implementation.

The vision for the Aha Moku is “To incorporate appropriate native Hawaiian knowledge and protocols for the preservation, cultivation and management of all native Hawaiian natural and cultural resources for future generations.” They are to be composed of “persons having traditional Hawaiian cultural and generational knowledge and expertise as farmers, fishermen and konohiki (caretakers of the land) for each ahupua`a.”

Our website, www.kealohaestate.com , has the proposed park plans and the entire scope of our Kealoha estate for your perusal.

Warmest Aloha,

Kuulei Kealoha Cooper-Springer, Trustee
Kealoha Estate
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I would suggest that people pay attention to and attend this event.

The Kealoha Family is a generational presence in Pohiki and is looking to connect with the community regarding the
proposed keiki swimming area.

This is community at its best.

Aloha,

Punaweb moderator
Thanks Rob,

Wasn't this previously scheduled for the 19th ?

aloha,
pog
Kuulei is very serious about bringing the community into what the Estate is doing in Pohoiki and wants that action to benefit the community.
Hope to see you there!

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
Bump ... James, Rob, any idea if there is a scheduled talk story time or will it be ongoing all day ?

Gotta plan around another thing for Sat too.

Thanks.
aloha,
pog
Event is happening all day, for sure.
You might just come when you can and try to talk with some of the Kealoha Ohana.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
I want to bump this up to remind people of the event.....

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
sat the 11th being today
Now is the time to head down there....

Punaweb moderator
Good to see you there this morning, Rob.
Looked to me like the event was a success.
Talk story. Good feeling to it.
Mahalo to the Kealoha family for reaching out to the community.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park