Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Friday
Thought I would start this thread to see what Punawebbers are doing on Black Friday. Anyone heading in early and camping out inside or in front of the store? What places have the best deals? I myself will be heading into Hilo about 3:00am for the 4am opening at Sears. Sears always seem to have more stock available on doorbuster items than Walmart.
Methinks I will hide in my bed until about noon. Generally I hate to shop and the crowds and frenzy of Black Friday is overwhelming to me. Then again, I don't need a lot of "stuff". Hope all of you joining in th frenzy have a wonderful and successful day!

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I've never gone shopping on Black Friday, and this year I aim to keep my personal tradition alive. I do like deals, and I like to shop for them, but I hate crowds and I hate getting up early on holidays, so any urge to shop gets neutralized.
Amazon.com Smile
Wow...Maybe I'll be the only one there!
No you won't be lonely, macuu -- I don't know about Puna folks, but I know Hilo will be out in force. You should see how it gets with a simple Friends and Family night at Sears ... crazy!

Christmas shopping is serious sport here ...
I stopped doing Black Friday the year I waited 2 hours in the cold outside a Circuit City store. Police were on hand to control the crowds, but just before the doors opened about 50 people appeared out of nowhere and jumped the line. When the doors opened, I got swept in along with everyone else, and it became a feeding frenzy of folks seeking one of the limited number of cheap laptops, DVD players and iPods. As I was working my way to the back of the store for my laptop deal, I passed a sales clerk standing on a counter yelling "get back, get back..if you don't get back, ain't no body gonna get any sh**, y'understand. Get back d*mmit!". It was at that point I decided that no deal was worth this craziness (and potential risk of injury) and that this was not the way to kick off the season of good will, so I did a U-turn and fought my way against the crowd to get out.

Hopefully the Hilo crowd is better behaved, but I'm not gonna risk it -- especially since many of the Black Friday deals are already available online today.
No unfortunately the Hilo crowd is just as nuts. My one and only Black Friday experience was at Walmart 4 years ago. Got there 2 hours early line snaked around the back by Home Depot. By the time we got in it was every man for themselves and pushing shoving, chaos, I've never been so scared in my life. I immediately did what Keaau Rich did and fought the crowd to get out with what I thought was my life. NEVER, Never again. Amazon is the way to go.
I think I will be retired before I make one Black Friday purchase. It's just a hype, especially with the online options!

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,PB,ABR,CRB,CM,FHS
johnrabi@johnrabi.com
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
(This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors http://KonaBoardOfRealtors.info)
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

There are folks around here who could crush me like a bug with their Black Friday enthusiasm!

Amazon, yep, are they having specials tomorrow?

Sears F&F is a genuine good deal when it happens. Instead of cheap loss leaders like we'll see tomorrow at various places, it's 20% off all the tools, tractors, appliances, electronics, and 15% off all the clothing and such. All but the everyday best value pricing.

Macy's, same, a One Day Sale is just as good as Black Friday. Hype, hype.