Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Vietnamese Restaurant in Pahoa
Has anyone tried the Vietnamese restaurant in downtown Pahoa? I believe it's called The Pho Cafe.

If you have, please provide your thoughts on their menu/quality/value?

"What? Me Worry?" - Alfred E. Newman
"Vote with your money!"
Where in Pahoa? I was "downtown" yesterday and didn't see one.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
It was just left of Shaka's...in fact it might even be the front area of Shaka's. I just saw the sign and didn't have time to really scope it out.

"Vote with your money!"
I've been by that restaurant and think it is worth a try!

mella l

Art and Science Our Future

bytheseasoap.com
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
I just picked up a friend from the airport who used to be the cook at PVC. He said PVC has leased out the kitchen and front part of the dinning room to Pho and will be continuing to run the rest of the place as a bar with live music.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
My wife and I ate lunch there today. They have pretty good Pho; and serve it with fresh sprouts, basil, cilantro, jalapenos and lemon.

Haven't tried the other dishes but the value seems top be pretty comparable to Hilo Rice Noodle and One Plus One in town.

Try it!

"Vote with your money!"
My wife and I recommend it. The spring rolls were great. We are addicted to Vietnamese spring rolls and usually fight over them. We had the beef pho and we would definitively have it again. We ordered to go as the smoke from the bar was wafting in.
Jim
Their sauce with the spring rolls was waaaaay to hot for me. Otherwise good and prices OK
When we get there, I am looking forward to finding a place that has really good Vietnamese bun.... it's all in the fish sauce. Well, that and the meat and fresh veggies on top of the rice noodles. I could eat that every day!
I have never had the experience of dining at a Vietnamese restaurant. I would love to hear a few more descriptions of favorite dishes by those who know their way around a Vietnamese menu. Feel free to give lots of details! Mahalo in advance.