Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any propane rationing?
There is a serious shortage on Maui until one refinery gets back in the saddle. People who depend on gas are having a hard time. Kaua'i too is rationing tank refills.

I've not heard a peep out of Punaweb. Has this island escaped the crunch?
My provider here in Glenwood has a sign up: Propane, No Mo. Am hoping to score some in Hilo proper.

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Thank you Pam!

On Maui the trucks that do the refills on home tanks are doing 30% and that's it until the end of the month. One company can't get anything, and the other (Gaspro?) can't get enough the service customers of both companies.
Kathy thank you so much for the heads up. I owe you a hug and a kiss next time we meet. I made it to Malama propane early Sunday after reading your warning and got my propane tank filled up. They were down to 20% capacity and so far are not rationing. Hot showers and meat loaf still on the horizon thanks to you. Smile

Aloha, Andrew

ps They had a sign on cardboard and black marker all ready reading propane is gone!

edited to add postscript

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Excellent, fantastic that this was helpful to you Andrew! [Smile]
Yesterday - AirGas in Hilo was out of propane till noon - then signs went up and they are rationing - 7 gallons a day per household!
Any word on how long it will last? Last time it was a month or six weeks. I think it was in 2006?
The refinery has been repaired and is back up and running.Regular delivers should resume soon.
Thanks for the Update. Unfortunately I read this post after I just got back from trying to find gas. j‌avascript:insertsmilie('[:0]') Oh well I do live on an Island 2000 miles from nowhere.j‌avascript:insertsmilie('[^]') That is a very small inconvenience for having the privilege to live here.
jim
Hiranos was rationing. The guy in Keauu was out on Tuesday.

---
Life is the only thing worth living for...
---