Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Franklin coupons
Ben Franklin had a 40% off coupon in their circular a couple of weeks ago, good only for 2 days. Next circular, no coupon. Does anyone know if this is something they do regularly? (Michaels and Jo Anne's on the mainland have 40% off one item coupons every week and honor each other's.) I have my eye on something at BF's and sure would like to save some dough.
Ben Franklin has those coupons fairly regularly (about once a month - usually times to a craft/holiday event... like Easter) & the coupon is usually for the following weekend.... but not always... so make sure you check.
DTisme - you must be new to Hawaii. Or new to crafting. LOL Michaels and Joanns spoil their customers on the mainland what with honoring each others's coupons and actually offering items at cheap prices.

The most recent 40% off coupon in the BF circular was the first one they offered in a while (I watch for them religiously.) The coupons are ALWAYS for the following Sat & Sun AFTER the sale advertised in the flier. Sale always ends on Friday. (coupon good for the Sat & Sun after.)

Here is a better tip:
Check out Joanns online. Joanns is currently having a massive sale on all Cricut items and has over 10,000 items in their sale section.

Joanns (and other craft sites) often have sales during holiday weekends - President's day, Valentines, Easter, and Memorial Day in a few weeks.

If you spend $100 you typically get free shipping. There are also online coupon codes you can use to save even more, or to get free shippng for orders less than $100. Many of the online sites of craft stores will send orders to Hawaii in a flat rate box (i.e. much cheaper) if you call and ask.

When I go to Joanns on the mainland it kind of makes me sick when I realize how expensive everything is at BF.
Thanks for the advice about Joanns online. But they don't have what I need (and if they did,it wouldn't fit in a flat-rate box!).

I should've been more specific... I'm looking at a large art frame with glass. If I buy from Dick Blick, etc., online, the shipping will kill me. If I need stuff I can't find locally, I usually buy from amazon. But they don't carry art frames except from 3rd parties (again, the shipping thing).

Anyone know of reasonably-priced large (22x28 in this case) standard-size wooden frames, with glass sted of plastic? I might check out Smith's for old hotel stuff.

Don't really get the "new to Hawaii" or "new to crafting" bit.

Good to know the coupons appear every month or so, good for the weekend after circular's sale.
Also look to the Goodwill & Sally (Salvation Army) resale shops (and Keaau Transfer when the resale is reopened - if it is not already)
Oh, & call or check in at the ARC of Hilo & Habitat resale... as sometimes they too have frames

Lucky for you that the more common Ben Franklin 40% off coupon is for frames
I'll try all the 2nd-hand stores. Thanks! The more common 40% on frames is only if you get a whole custom frame job - frame, mat, framing. In the end, watch it be that would have been cheaper! Interestingly, it was cheaper for me to have them cut 2 mats than to buy mats and cut them myself (I have a nice big mat cutter) -- It's a BF thing I guess!
"In the end, watch it be that would have been cheaper!"
That is exactly what happened to us. Hubby decided to frame a picture we purchased at VNP. The frame was fine, but when I tried to mount it on a backing I made such a mess of the thing we ended up going back to get another picture and taking it to BF to have it done. Sometimes it pays to let the professionals do things right the first time!