Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a Vet who charges less to spay/neuter?
We have many cats in our Hilo neighborhood that don't really belong to anyone, but most are not feral either. Some of the neighborhood children get them when they are kittens and then lose interest in them and they end up outside and the rest of the neighbors feed them. Unfortunately, when they get old enough these cats have kittens and we seem to have more and more cats as time goes on. I didn't want a pet, mostly because of the expense, but one kitty sort of adopted us and now it's about time for her to be spayed, or I'm sure there will be more kittens in few months. Does anyone know of a vet who spays cats for a small fee?

Go to the Humane Society. They offer discounted spay/neuter certificates for local vets. I believe the spay costs around $30.

Thanks Lindsey. What is strange is that I called the Humane Society earlier today before posting on the Punaweb to ask if they knew of any vets who discount for spaying/neutering. The guy I spoke with said that he didn't know anything about that and to check the phone book for vets. Not helpful at all. I'll try again. Thanks!