Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smelly Slippahs!
Yes - it's my day off - I'm sitting on my lanai with my lovely - enjoying - the ocean, the breeze, the sun, the sound of palm fronds swaying. [Big Grin]

In such a relaxed atmosphere it allows my mind to wander (a dangerous thing) - I've posted (including this) three times today - almost a record. [Wink]

NOW - to the topic at hand - "Smelly Slippahs!" [V]

What is it - that with some "slippahs", "flip-flops", whatever - they develop an "over-ripe" locker room oder? [xx(]

AND IT WON"T WASH OFF! Bleach, 409, ammonia, windex (Heh! -it worked in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"), comet, engine degreaser - the only thing that worked was my "power washer" (I'm not kidding!). [:0]

It does not matter how much they cost - from WalMart $5 to Sperry $45 (when I had money and spent it foolishly) - some of them develop "THE STINK"! [Sad!]

I have good hygiene (most of the time - fly's don't find me attractive) - use a "pumice stone" (that at one time I paid $7 for and now pickup in my yard) - so the "take a bath/shower and scrub the s--t out of yourself" answer does not fit! [^]

SOO - Punaweb "Slippah Pundits" - what gives? [?]
5.00 is too much ...

Go for the 2.99 "locals" brand NOT the 2.99 "surfa" and your problems will be over. Its the micro porosity that traps the stuff that smells.

If you still have smell, its your feet. Or you don't wear them enough. You gotta wear them + get wet and keep going once in a while too. ... Should be EZ here. Read: COMMIT TO slippas !!!!! LOL.

If you want to 'upgrade' to a softer, more comfortable brand that still 'should' not smell for you, go for the Havaianas or Cobian versions (10.95 - 12.95) of Locals ... These two are the Mercedes / Porsche of rubba slippahs.

aloha,
pog
I've been buying Scott's at Walmart for 6 years. Never a smell that I'm aware of! Maybe it is just your body chemistry!! Or just naturally stinky feet J.

Royall

Soaking in baking soda and water then drying in sunlight will de-stink anything plastic or rubber. Some people throw their slippers in the bottom of the shower when bathing to head off smells.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
pog's right. The bacteria get deep into the pores when you walk and sweat on your slippahs. That is why only pressure washing did any good. It's the only thing that got down in there. Some slippahs seem to soak up the stink more than others. Some sandals now come with Microban in them. I have found that this antimicrobial can keep slippahs stink free for over a year!
Wonder if microwaving on "High" for a few minutes will kill any bacteria......

[}Smile][Big Grin]
Puna: Our roosters crow first
Microwave may melt them.

Boil em for a few minutes. Bacteria all dead.