Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Government beach road from Hawaiian beaches to fou
Should we upgrade the road from Hawaiin beaches to four corners?
What are the opinions of people who own land on this roadway? What are the opinions of people who use this roadway?
Making the section from Beaches to HPP passable would be handy when 130 is blocked
From Papaya Farms Rd to Hawaiian Beaches and improving the remaining sections all the way into Hilo is what should be done as I said a couple years back. That includes the County owned road cited as "Beach Road" on the plat maps that is surrounded by Shipman’s land also, ALL OF IT... Emergency Egress. One way in and one way out is not acceptable on an active volcano. If it’s not done, one of these days there’s going to be a few folks in trouble and it’s going to roll right up the “hill”.

E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa.
There is no actual road north of hpp
The end of Railroad in HPP takes you to the place that sells Papaya's and that water bottling plant in Keaau town. We drove it once when the chains were down. And then you can take the back road there to Mauna Loa Mac Nut farm that brings you to the Hilo part of railroad thats blocked with huge boulders.
I don't own land or live on the 4-corners to Haw'n Beaches stretch so my vote doesn't count as far as pave-or-not. I will defer to those who own land in that area. However, I do enjoy that area from time to time. I drive, bike and walk that stretch. I would like to leave it as is.

A question I asked somewhere else - what would Dana Ireland's parents choose?

I know a woman that lives on Sadilek Rd.in Waa Waa that's lived there about 30 years and likes it just as is. My ohana tenant on the other hand moved to my place from the same neighborhood because even though the rent in Waa Waa was cheap, he was spending a lot of money on car repairs and it took him so long to get to work, since 5-10 MPH is all you can do on the unpaved parts. I would worry about paving a single lane though. If you've ever driven Upper Puna Road, which was paved a few years back, single lane, you might know how scary meeting traffic head on with nowhere to swerve off can be, especially in late afternoon. People tend to speed in jungle and forested areas because it seems like nobody lives there.(and a lot of the drivers are impaired.)
quote:
Originally posted by Wao nahele kane

From Papaya Farms Rd to Hawaiian Beaches and improving the remaining sections all the way into Hilo is what should be done as I said a couple years back. That includes the County owned road cited as "Beach Road" on the plat maps that is surrounded by Shipman’s land also, ALL OF IT... Emergency Egress. One way in and one way out is not acceptable on an active volcano. If it’s not done, one of these days there’s going to be a few folks in trouble and it’s going to roll right up the “hill”.

E ho'a'o no i pau kuhihewa.

There are two reasons that Beach Road will never become available for a thru road.
1. It’s in the tsunami zone and will not be available for State or Federal money.
2.Both Shipman and HPP are private property and not available for a County Rd.

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
quote:
Originally posted by Kahunascott

There are two reasons that Beach Road will never become available for a thru road.
1. It’s in the tsunami zone and will not be available for State or Federal money.
2.Both Shipman and HPP are private property and not available for a County Rd.
1. Correct, the taxpayers of Hawaii County will need to foot the entire cost of the project.
2. Eminent Domain can be use to acquire the required property.