Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Pahoa crosswalk - Thank you Fred Blas
I noticed the new crosswalk placed in Pahoa Village last week in front of the 7/11. This is a major bus stop point. It may seem like a small thing but it has languished for years. Councilman Fred Blas made quick work of it. It is an improvement.

I think we will be seeing quite a number of small and large things resulting from our District 5 Council office this year and next.

Thank you Fred.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I agree!!! Thanks Fred

Donna
Donna
Blas also wants to pave the government road along Honolulu Landing. Never mind that he and his wife represent business interests who want to develop Waa-Waa. Now that he's on the council, Blas plans to enrich himself and his cronies.[Wink]

Chandler Price
Bunny Young/Swallow Swift

Do you know that Fred refused the County credit card, pays for his own lodging, fuel for meetings and air fare.

Please identify his business interests and cronies and Specifically what he's up to, or I think your position is a lot of hot air.

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it cost when it’s free...now here come the taxes.....
Paving the Red Road is a popular suggestion with tour operators who want to take customers on a scenic tour of "Old Hawaii" and is consistently very unpopular with most actual residents of the road.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
The Red Rd is already paved.

Punaweb moderator
Not through Wa'a Wa'a and past Honolulu landing it isn't.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Okay, is that section considered "Red Road"?.... doesn't matter really. Never mind.

Let's see if Mr.Price can produce any back up to his accusation or if it is just an unsubstantiated vague claim. Easy to make
vague claims.

Punaweb moderator
So let me see if I have this shocking statement correct? A politician is answering to his supporters and financial backers? Good Lord!!! So the back room Hilo deals and the cronies on the County payroll and the lease backs and all the other kick backs were ok? At least he's up front about it and doesn't hide behind some insane "direction from my God". At least he gets things done. Where you there when he used to pick up trash and buillt bus shelters so all the children could be sheltered? If you want a piece of the new pie, figure out how to play and not just get a food stamp hand out. He listens and is an honorable man. He is not part of he old boy network and that is so refreshing to me. It's not his business interest that built million dollar water tanks that are failing. It's not his friends that refuse to bring water to the fastest growing population in the state. He stands up for what is right and it's beyond insulting to infer that he is corrupt. He is a first class, first world representation of an elected official. You would never see him challenging people to fights or inviting motor cycle clubs to " back him up". He doesn't beat his spouse and imagine his? He can not only write his own name but can actually read!!! Do something, do anything but don't bring down a solid stand up guy who is finally getting things done.
A cross walk seems like a pretty small sign of progress. On the other hand, I have had to run (as best I can) across that street and so having a nice cross walk would be nice. I would prefer to be accompanied across the street by armed marines who would shoot anybody at the wheel of a car that thinks it is good sport to aim at someone in a cross walk.

Pele may pave Honolulu landing before anyone else does, but if she doesn't I say pave it and I don't care who benefits. It is a beautiful, spooky spooky spooky area that needs a road running through it. It will remain spooky regardless of the road. There are spirits there, not all of them happy ones. They say pave, erase, pave and gather ye mangoes while ye may.