Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Down To Earth Store Closing
Closing down sale, everything must go and 30% of all prices while supplies last!

Unfortunately the store never took of and prices were high!

But it is sad when a business invests in a community and does not make it.
Forgive my ignorance, but what do (or did) they sell?
It's the health food store next to Walgreens and on the other side of the parking lot from Walmart. Wow...I didn't see that coming. Now I need to find another buyer for my Tahitian Limes!

http://www.downtoearth.org/our-stores/st...earth-hilo
That's surprising, I thought it was fairly popular. I avoided it myself because of the Chris Butler cult connection.
I believe the closing down sale will begin on Monday
Clayton

With high prices like theirs, in Hilo of all places, the only question was how long they would stay in business.

I, and friends of mine, visited their operations once - saw their prices and hightailed it to Island Naturals or to Keaau Health Foods.

Hate to see businesses fail; but they were doomed....
It is sad. I agree that prices were a little high but they had some good sales. The store was clean and employees eager to help.
We need more organic/natural food options. I will miss them,
I believe the space rent in that place is the issue. That's why Island Naturals moved out. The only way Down to Earth could make ends meet at this spot was to increase prices. And the current economy here just won't support those prices.
If you want more organic and natural food choices, try azurestandard.com on line. Order goods every couple of months and pick up at a warehouse near home depot. Even with the shipping costs, most items cost way less than here.
Very sad to see them go. Agreed they were expensive but cheaper than the Natch on many items. Less competition will of course mean even higher prices at the Natch. I can't stand that store because they have raised prices on most things around 50% in the past 3 years, far outpacing all indicators of inflation for Hawaii. I rarely buy more than a few things at the Natch and only because I can't find them elsewhere. I agree Down to Earth was probably doomed for reasons cited. I think a lot of people were loyal to the Natch and of course even in Puna very few people are vegetarian.