Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone feel it?
There was a 3.4 quake this morning between Leilani and Kapoho a little after 4 AM. Did anyone feel it? The USGS reports has it being less than a mile deep.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Hmmmmmm, where was the lave going?? LOL!! Sorry to say I was asleep and missed that one Carol.

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani

It was 1 mi ESE Pu`ulena Crater.

Is that the crater on the ocean side at the end of Hinalo Street?

-Cat

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management 808 965-9261

Dakineworkers.com
It woke us up!

"What? Me Worry?" - Alfred E. Newman
"Vote with your money!"
yes, big shake at our house in Nanawale.

riverwolf
riverwolf
It is no longer on the USGS earthquake map, but people felt it. Did anyone fill out the online felt earthquake report?

If it wasn't an earthquake, what was it?

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
That's weird, cause it was there earlier, showing a yellow block and the info on it listed it at 4:21 a.m. with a depth of 1 mile and registration of 3.4. I've added it to my list. I've had eight felt ones when I've been at home since shortly before 9 a.m. on Aug. 5. Plus feeling that off-and-on minivibration I mentioned some weeks back!
Well, Frankie. It's really starting to look like Aloha Puna.
quote:
Originally posted by csgray

It is no longer on the USGS earthquake map, but people felt it. Did anyone fill out the online felt earthquake report?

If it wasn't an earthquake, what was it?

Carol

Yes, that is weird - I saw it listed too and now its gone. Maybe it was some type of rumbling from PGV instead.

Catherine Dumond
Blue Water Project Management 808 965-9261

Dakineworkers.com
It’s still listed on the Did You Feel It? site under Hawai’i Region - a 3.4 at 4:21 a.m. local time, depth 1 km. If you go to the world map instead of the Hawai’i map, you can see the epicenter 50 miles east of Hilo out in the ocean, which, I suppose, is why it dropped off the Big Island map.

blessed are the cracked for they let in the light
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.