Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 loose dogs in HPP on Halloween
Came across 3 loose dogs this afternoon on Beach Road in between Paradise and Makuu (close to where the boulders block the road and there's open space). Two of the dogs are brown labs and the third is a lighter shade of brown - looks like a poi dogs about 70 pounds or so. Thought I saw a post about these dogs on PW earlier but can;t seem to find a thread on it.

They were running loose in a pack - thought they belonged to people hanging out on the cliffs but they said no. I walk there every day and have neer seen the dogs before.

The dogs appeared friendly but they ran up to my dogs and attacked them while I was walking down the street. Called the Humane Society (it was 4:30 pm). They said they couldn't call anyone after hours unless the dogs actually bit me. That place is really popular with people walking dogs and with kids after work and it was Halloween.

Hope nothing happened to anyone else.

Okay, I really don't like this. What can I do to keep my dog safe while walking her?
I don't know if the strength available in Hawaii will work as well but I know from experience that pepper spray will work on dogs. Get the stream type because with the aerosol you are very likely to pepper spray yourself and it doesn't have much accurate range.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Hmmmmmm...okay. Yes, I did stop a pit bull once with pepper spray. It seemed to confuse him. And yes, we did get a little bit on us. If the wind had been going in the wrong direction we would have got a LOT on us. I wonder who might carry that stream type here on the mainland? A sporting goods store?
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/search/eSearch.aspx?SearchTerms=pepper%20spray&eMode=

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.