Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, I am now over the rain. Ready for sun.
Enough already. six weeks of rain and I am so ready for it to STOP.[Sad]
hawaiideborah
Me too!! It's getting real hard to remind myself I don't have to shovel it or worry about the icy roads......

Time to go do a sun-dance or something - aloha - Dot
Time for a day trip to the other side just to dry out.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
@hawaiideborah & csgray - where are you at +/- a mile? Are you further up on the mountain?

Cheers!
Deborah is on the coast. (She has shared that before here.)
It's the whole east side getting it I think. I know it is totally dumping north of Hilo, and has been.

Deborah, I am with you. It's enough.
This kind of weather is a big part of why Hilo isn't famous for its resorts.

"And I'm sure it wouldn't interest anybody, outside of a small circle of friends ~ Phil Ochs
Keeps out the riff-raff. And yet, that amazing morning we had today (sunny, bright, balmy), was a cruel tease.
We're halfway up HPP on the Maku'u end and it has been one wet and windy afternoon and night. Gusts up to 50mph are expected for windward side until midnight or later. The forecast for the next week or so is more of the same.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Thanks Carol. So are you confirming hawaiideborah in that you have had 6 weeks of rain mid-hpp (approx 16th ave) and Makuu side? Rain all day? Rain at night? Is it inclimate rain off and on all day?

Forgive me, just trying to get a sense of the weather patterns not being there...
My Scotch-Brite "Never Rust" soap pads have rusted...

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/
Hey, at least there is no snow right now....BUT - tonight there is a winter weather advisory for the summits, so maybe there will be SNOW tomorrow (forecast is for 3" of snow!)

The this has been only a slightly wetter month than normal...but there has been rain/mist most days (but there have been a few spectacular days, and most days have had clearing and SUN off & on... but this afternoon through the evening it was a DOWNPOUR (almost 3" of rain, and this is pretty statewide today) & wind gusts from all direction...this was very 'not average' weather for here....

But we are coming off a more drought pattern, so the rain also just feels like more than normal...'cause the recent 'normal' has been drier....ahh how we acclimate (was even thinking it is getting chilly....December, it is in the 60's-70's, I am in shorts, t-shirt & sandals...not big puffy jacket, turtle neck sweaters & warm boots...oh, am I getting to be spoiled here!) IT IS ALL GOOD!

PS: Tom, maybe you can get your money back!