Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
seamstress
Does anyone know a seamstress that can take a simple pice of cothing and copy it in a new material?
Try Tammy Mukai of Alteration & Creation 935-3302
She's at 1323 Kalanianaole, past the port.

Happy Holidays!

"Stop Whining! Vote with your money!"
"Vote with your money!"
Are you going to let her take it apart?

If it is basically a flat garment, it's not hard to copy while it's sewn, but if it has details where fabric is eased, gathered, darted, fitted, it's harder, because you don't know how much fabric is pulled into the seam, and the shape of the raw piece is very different from the finished line.

(I used to be a pattern maker in the industry (after I gave up on restaurants). Making a full copy is basically making the pattern for the garment. I have huge respect for people who do alterations. [Smile] As with building, it's much easier to do it from scratch than to renovate.)

Go Tammy ... how much does she charge? Is it an hourly charge? I might need some alterations.

"And I'm sure it wouldn't interest anybody, outside of a small circle of friends ~ Phil Ochs
I go past Tammy's place all the time and want to bring some stuff down to her. What did she make for you Wjbillock ?

This is not really helping but I know one of the cashiers @ Ben Franklins makes beautiful dresses. Never remember her name.

aloha,
pog
I need some fairly simple alterations done (mostly shortening pants plus taking in a few seams). Does anyone have any recommendations?
My husband had Tammy do a bunch of basic repairs when we lived in Keaukaha and she did excellent work at a very reasonable price.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Carol,

I looked for her sign over the summer but could not find it ... Would you let me know if you know if she is still there ?

mahalo,
pog
I haven't been by there for months, now that we don't live down there. Her place has a big rock wall with a giant whale inlay out front, the sign is painted on the building over what looks like the converted garage where she works, fairly low key sign. It is right past the turn for Arnotts and right next to the HOPE services place on the makai side.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Tammy has moved and is now down across from Richardson's Beach at 2048 Kalanianaole. It is a white house with blue trim. I believe there is a little sign that says Alterations out on the road.
Your right Loretta. She altered the length of my dive suit about 4 weeks back.

Royall

Hale O Na Mea Pa`ani