Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holiday Meal Planning
Curious what others are planning for holiday meals.
We're having ham, carrot/beet salad, yellow-flesh potatoes with skin on, rye bread, fresh cranberry sauce, pickled herring and assorted cheese and olive platter (for my father-in-law, LOL). Too many desserts to itemize (and I'm not really counting, in any case).
Of course, Ham will never get old during holidays Smile YUMM! We will also have some desserts, roasted turkey, eggnog pound cake, mushroom barley soup, some great meals from my relatives and my sister's undying citrus-roasted chicken. Wink Merry Christmas.
IHOP
Aloha Laura! We celebrated our Christmas with the girls last Sunday...and made a big pot of lentils with the ham bone (and a lot of meat).

Since it was a large ham, I picked-up some organic navy beans and we're gonna enjoy a pot of that as well this week!

As for Christmas, we are enjoying the company of many friends with an evening of food and merriment! We will be having prime rib as one fabulous dish among many others.

Here's to a warm and dry Christmas and a healthy New Year for you and yours!

Mele Kalikimaka! [Big Grin][Big Grin]

Carrie & Tony
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Homemade seitan, polenta stuffing with mushroom gravy, mashed cauliflower, a variety of steamed veggies, fresh cranberry/orange relish, green salad with creamy tofu dressing, pumpkin custard and/or baked apples topped with vanilla banana “ice cream” for dessert, and green tea.

You can tell yourself anything is too difficult, or you can just do it. And you do not need to reconstruct your worldview or take issue with others. ~ SUSAN GREGORY THOMAS
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
Some of you people can cook? Please come visit!
We went to my moms house and this year she prepared The Feast of Seven Fishes (google it, I had to)

To begin we had three appetizers that consisted of Maryland style Lump crabcake (made with little to no filler materials), tuna carpaccio stuffed grilled baby peppers, and lemon garlic butter baby shrimp. Soup was an almond flour style fresh florida lobster bisque. The salad course was a mixed greens with sour cram based fresh herb dressing (dill, thyme, and some other good stuff in there) topped with smoked whitefish. The main entree included a pecan crusted salmon, tomato and cream reduction served over cod steaks, gorgonzola bacon risotto, and fresh lemon steamed brussel sprouts with parmesan shavings. Finally dessert was stevia sweetened whipped cream with fresh berry medley, espresso bean chocolate chip cookies (the good ones with the oats in the mix), and three kine homemade biscotti; pistachio chocolate chip, walnuts and cherries, and almond biscotti with fresh dates... I have a serious food baby. [:p]

It was a feast fit for The Celebration of a King! Merry Christmas; Our Savior is born!

edited for spelling...[:I]

William DeBoe
Palm Beach, FL

Moe'uhane Oihana mahi ai
Mahi 'ai 'Ulu
you mean this?? Oh my god i'm jealous Big Grin

http://donnersmith.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8...970c-800wi
Wow fish, I'm just up the road, why didn't you invite me. That sounds fantastic. We're just doing the standard turkey thing. Not complaining mind you.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
our Christmas dinner is just like Thanksgiving. Ham, turkey, stuffing, homemade bread, apple pie etc. Merry Christmas from Alaska. peace