Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castleblock Home
Today I drove by a castleblock home under construction in Vacationland. This building concept has facinated me since I first read about it. The place looks fantastic. I have seen these homes before in unfinished or uncompleted stages and was quite put off with the stockade look of the shell. Infact I even made some rather disparaging remarks about one in Leilani Estates on the Konaweb. After the blocks are finished and with some architectural elements in place they can be real stunners,
I guess that old dog need to be shown before we believe and that sometimes new concept need understood and looked at in a different eye. If we ever build another house this is one new concept we will look at very closely.
Larry :>)

I think we will go with the protec panels. We are owner/builders and this looks real doable to us.

That's my plan

Ninole Resident
Aloha Larry, What is the address of the home in Vacationland? We will be traveling over in September and would like to drive by it. I would love to see a Castleblock home also. We are currently looking for a contractor to interview. Tough work from 2700 miles away no! Thanks so much. Mella L

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
I've seen a little discussion of Castleblock homes, and would be interested in building one in a year or two. What I've never seen is an actual Castleblock home, and even photos of completed homes are very hard to find. I'm on the mainland now, but can anyone link me to some pix? Even better would be to hear from someone who lives in one. Thanks in advance.
David M did build one and is living in it now. I'm sure he'll see this post and tell you about it. He and his wife Sophie did a beautiful job on it!

Royall

David M & his lovely wife Sophie built a beautiful Castleblock home in Ninole. They did almost all of the work themselves or with helpers. It is quite a showplace. I will say that Sophie did most of the work while David M. lounged around sipping MaiTais SmileSmileSmile

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa
There is one (that I know of) in Leilani Estates, at the corner of Malama and Maile, it's a very nice home!

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,PB,ABR,CRB,CM,FHS
johnrabi@johnrabi.com
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
(This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors http://KonaBoardOfRealtors.info)
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

We built one about 5 years ago in the Ka'ohe Homesteads. Not at all a big place (1024 Sq Ft.) with a very simple design, the construction process was pretty easy with a little help from a small crew of neighbors (equipped with strong muscles.) The basic shell took only about a month to construct, working 1/2 time about 4 days a week. We're planning an addition in a year or so that will also use protec panels. We highly recommend it!

Jane
quote:
Originally posted by bshanley

I've seen a little discussion of Castleblock homes, and would be interested in building one in a year or two. What I've never seen is an actual Castleblock home, and even photos of completed homes are very hard to find. I'm on the mainland now, but can anyone link me to some pix? Even better would be to hear from someone who lives in one. Thanks in advance.

There are different products that Rob handles - if you email me - I can send you links to web albums to a couple of them, one completed in Vacationland, one under construction in another subdivision. If you want to contact either owner, I can give you their emails.