Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Albizia trees on 132
Numerous trees have fallen on Kapoho Pahoa road.Anyone heading this way will need to detour.
Thanks for the "heads up" yuk yuk
We just had a big one on my neighbors lot removed. We split the cost. Big job!!

Jon

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
We called Hi Tel about the trees on the phone lines... at 4:30 PM they didnt even know since service was still working.

Does anyone know about the accident on Hwy 132 yesterday?

Looks like another windy day today. (although my hubby said this is like Kansas on a calm day!! It's all in the perspective!)
I was driving to Pahoa and had just driven around a tree in the road when I came to a second tree that you couldn't get around.When I stopped,I could hear the cracking of branches and tree trunks and decided it would be best to get the heck out of there.Before I turned around,I witnessed at least two other trees fall.

There were about 8 vehicles in between the two trees.We all turned around and when we got back to the first tree we couldn't get by because a tourist had stopped to take pictures.

Everyone has honking their horns and motioning for this guy to back up.A passenger in the car in front of me ran to the tourists car and convinced him to back out.

As we finally started past the tree another tree fell and smashed the top and hood of the vehicle behind me.

Thankfully I only had to deal with a scare and a power outage that lasted the rest of the day.
OMG obie!! I am glad you are okay!

Oueni was right there coming down hill, but the trees were already down so he went down Pohoiki Rd, not as bad - I guess mango trees are stronger.
They should get rid of those trees at least along the road way... Maybe plant banyan trees along the roads.. Tho, they are stronger But they would have potential root damage to the road. The good thing is, banyan is very aggressive and won't let grass grow under it. Hopefully the car behind you was okay?

People Ok.Car not so much !!