Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
transmission problems
My 2001 Ford Escape is having transmission issues. Can anyone recommend a reputable place to take it for repairs? Thanks.
Orchid Isle Ford
Have you had good work done by O.I. Ford?

We stopped using them when they didn't know how to replace the license plate lamp on our wagon & scheduled an appointment to remove the inside of the back tailgate to access it... (luckily Ford on-line had the instructions on removing the lamp by pushing up & over on the lamp cover...I had it done in a minute...) never did find out if I would have been charged for the work.... kinda think I might have...but still....not knowing that....what else do they not know???
I have a 2005 Escape...I bought it new at Orchid Island...and they've been servicing it every 5000 miles. It now has 120,000. And it still runs like new. I've never had transmisssion work done there (never needed it...but I've had 3 transmnission flushes). Something as complicated as transmission work...I'd rather have Ford trained service people on it
Randy in HPP can diagnose it.
His number is in an ad in the Trib under auto parts.
He is the best.
I use Orchid Isle Ford as well. I'm sure there are better and cheaper options but I have no complaints. I own a Ford and went down the "better to be safe than sorry route" when it came to repairs and they've treated me pretty well over the last 15 years. I doubt they are the cheapest option so Obie's recommendation is worth looking at, but suspect they are the safest option.

Tom
http://apacificview.blogspot.com/
Randy has all the same computer diagnostic equipment as the dealer.I dont know if he still does the R&R.
What is the trans doing.I have a 2002 Escape and my trans problem ended up being an engine problem instead.A bad coil was causing a lack of power and the trans was constantly shifting.
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

Randy has all the same computer diagnostic equipment as the dealer.I dont know if he still does the R&R.
What is the trans doing.I have a 2002 Escape and my trans problem ended up being an engine problem instead.A bad coil was causing a lack of power and the trans was constantly shifting.

Have had the vehicle since new and well maintained with 126,000 miles. Transmission does not always shift smoothly and sometimes there is a whine when under power but not consistently. We did have the same coil issue once. Thanks for your comments.
Transmission Technology fixed my transmission after others couldn't find the problem. My car has run great ever since. I think the guy's name is Vic.
quote:
Originally posted by Obie

Randy in HPP can diagnose it.
His number is in an ad in the Trib under auto parts.
He is the best.

Wow Obie! We have used the same guy! In 2002 Randy did our transmission for our Blue Bunny (aka 88 Toyota Camry station wagon with the 2.5 liter engine). We drove it another 5 years (it made a great extra car for the hanai "kids" to drive). We sold it for $900 and I still see it on the road 4 yrs later.