Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phone cards
Aloha! In many countries these days you can buy phone cards which allow you to call a local number, put in a PIN and then call overseas for a penny a minute (or less). Best invention ever! Are these available in Puna (or Hilo) and could anyone tell me exactly where? Thanks.
The Filipino store in Keaau used to have posters up for the cards, but I cannot remember for the life of me if they still do...maybe also at the Dollar Store in the Mall???
Union Telecards does not give you a physical card, but gives you all the numbers you need to make calls. We have used the "Mega Clean & Stable" for several years to call Thailand and are very satisfied.

http://www.uniontelecard.com/phonecards/

Allen
Finally in HPP
Allen
Finally in HPP
I use AT&T worldwide prepaid phone card for making oversea calls. Costs more than a penny a minute, but no expiration date. Can get the $20-card at Target or a $30-virtual card (more minutes) at AT&T website.
I noticed when I was overseas...I never made calls...just data and text.
Q
Thanks for the information. I prefer to buy these cards without handing over my CC details, but that's just me. If I find some I'll let the forum know.
You should look into Google voice. Free calls within US and the cheapest overseas calls that I have found. Their routing and call quality seems much better than most calling cards and no worries of "fly by night" Some examples.

UK .02
china .02
Thailand .02
Mexico .02
Philipines .11