Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Astronomy in Hawaii Pau?
You are not a tolerant person

Some people are not tolerant of lies.
Others are not tolerant of those who observe and point out the lies.

go home.

I am home.

From another thread: I’m glad you talked to them. There are plenty who are not ignorant or good winked.

During the TMT MK protests I read a comment by a politician on Maui repeating the claim that MK observatories were involved in military applications.  I contacted him with information which showed that information was incorrect.  His response?  That Haleakala did have military presence, and that's where his district was located.  That was it.  

A politician, finding out a widespread accusation was false, one that he himself repeated at face value, without checking, in a position to correct the record and perhaps inform his constituents and other protestors of the facts, and he does nothing.  Two separate islands, two distinct mountains a hundred miles apart but he couldn't be bothered with the details.  Or bother his anti-TMT supporters with the details.  That's how the protest spread disinformation, even among presumably knowledgable, educated people.

People voted someone like that into office.  I wonder how much effort he puts into researching and reading the bills he votes on?
(05-10-2022, 05:34 PM)Durian Fiend Wrote:
(05-08-2022, 10:00 AM)AaronM Wrote: Actually, I don't miss it at all.  Besides, this thread clearly espouses a different point of view.
What point of view would that be?

Has there been a response to this?

(05-12-2022, 10:16 PM)HereOnThePrimalEdge Wrote: You are not a tolerant person

Some people are not tolerant of lies.
Others are not tolerant of those who observe and point out the lies.

Fortunately, the world still has people that are intolerant to lies and misinformation. Some want to go back to the middle ages and re-invent a culture where superstition ruled everyone, but the rest of the world, including most people in Hawaii I believe, don't want to go back to those days. However, most of us don't resort to the "go home" suggestion because it's racist.  Unfortunately, some don't get it.
Hate to be the bearer of a differing opinion but I do not believe either of you two are home. I’ve lived here in Puna for the better part of two decades and I am happy to be an active member of the indigenous community with more local friends then Haole but I too know that I’m not home. Not a problem for me as I don’t have one. Born in Texas, raised in Ohio and Japan, none of those are my home either. We were very welcome in the Arctic and I could have happily lived there for the rest of my life hunting caribou and riding snogos with my Eskimo friends but that wouldn’t be home either. We are raising children here so maybe it will be home for them. Truth is the Big Island and Puna in particular is the last affordable refuge for Hawaiians and other indigenous locals and you guys will always be at war with them as result of your intolerance and misguided superiority. Good luck.

I would say Aloha but you guys have no mana and no respect.
The Dude on opinions

https://youtu.be/j95kNwZw8YY
Good movie and yes it is.
HawaiiEV, you deserve to call your home a home as much as anyone else that lives here. Race is meaningless, the living culture we share is what matters.
(05-13-2022, 07:15 PM)HawaiiEV Wrote: Hate to be the bearer of a differing opinion but I do not believe either of you two are home. I’ve lived here in Puna for the better part of two decades and I am happy to be an active member of the indigenous community with more local friends then Haole but I too know that I’m not home. Not a problem for me as I don’t have one. [...]

That's fine. Please don't project your own feelings onto others though. Everyone is different, a lot of people call the island their home despite what you think or who you know.
I am so sorry for the confusion Tom, it is for sure time for you to go back to the UK, the telescopes are pau. Also try get off Punaweb too.
(05-15-2022, 04:08 PM)HawaiiEV Wrote: I am so sorry for the confusion Tom, it is for sure time for you to go back to the UK, the telescopes are pau. Also try get off Punaweb too.
He's not confused.    On Punaweb for two months and already have demanded two longtime members "go home"?   

Maybe you should take your own advice.  Bickering is to be expected, but this is beyond the pale.
I guess you don’t know when someone is taking the piss?