Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
HE (no L no CO) would like your cooperation
Since 2017, HEP has been owned and operated by a company called Pacific Current (pacificcurrenthawaii. com/project/hamakua/). Pacific Current is a wholly- owned subsidiary of Hawaiian Electric Industries (HEI) and is therefore an affiliate of Hawaiian Electric Co. since the utility is also wholly-owned by HEI
---------
They did this spin-off so that they could sell the power to themselves, thereby making money on the generation side as well as the distribution side...
Not ( sure why not ) Mentioned, but I bet all 'hero' Coal Car / EV folks didn't charge either this time... Right ?

Did Walmart shut down chargers ?
Did Helco Turn off they chargers ?
Did they not use they braggart EV fleet?
If so, wondering what they used to keep business as usual going.

hmmmm ..
Got a Civil Defense Text and now see this on KITV:

Rolling blackouts on Big Island on Sunday night | News | kitv.com

For the love of God people, unplug all your damn EV's and save the island from total destruction!
“A functioning, robust democracy requires a healthy, educated, participatory followership, and an educated, morally grounded leadership.” - Chinua Achebe
^ That would be a great start and selfless contribution.. Then folks that need it could keep AC and Medical Devices Going without fear.
(04-15-2024, 08:19 AM)elepaio pid= Wrote:^ That would be a great start and selfless contribution.. Then folks that need it could keep AC and Medical Devices Going without fear.

People needing medical equipment dependent on electricity are on file with HELCO who in turn, works with each affected customer during any potential power interruption as well as assists very generously with the supply and hook up of simple backup power systems.

As for keeping the air conditioning on, damn straight buddy! Got mine cranked to "frost on the carpet" setting! Screw those EV people!
“A functioning, robust democracy requires a healthy, educated, participatory followership, and an educated, morally grounded leadership.” - Chinua Achebe
And when they not at home / special ?

Not aware brownout?

This is on par with saying " There are Cameras there "" On the bike rack ..

I know u joking ..AC = Bigfoot level footprints ..lol

Same same as EV. 5 pounds earth needs to be moved for every mile ..my guss
(04-15-2024, 09:06 AM)elepaio pid= Wrote:And when they not at home / special ?

Not aware brownout ?

I know u joking ..AC = Bigfoot level  footprints ..lol

Same same as EV.    5 pounds earth needs to be moved for every mile ..my guss

When they are not at home, they would not need electricity to run anything because they are not at home.

As my post clearly stated, HELCO works with all registered medical equipment customers and notifies them - or another designated person if there is going to be a power outage - as well as if there is a sudden outage.

I am not joking about my AC. 

As for your EV claim, just like your modified signature line, is false, untrue, misleading and conjured up. My guss is right!

PolitiFact | Instagram post misleads about lithium mining and Tesla cars

Whew......Just got a text from Civil Defense - rolling blackouts are done for the night!

Thank God Almighty!!!!! - - - Go plug in your EV's people!!!
I feel so bad for these folks.. They grew up nebar have to worry. Now need cell phone notifications if they want to survive.

EV folks are a special kine. They can ignore an Elephant in a room.
(04-15-2024, 09:32 AM)elepaio pid= Wrote:I feel so bad for these folks.. They grew up nebar have to worry. Now need cell phone notifications if they want to survive. 

EV folks are a special kine. They can ignore an Elephant in a room.

Yeh, I feel sorry for those who stay uninformed, incapable of knowing truth over fallacy, only believe what they want to believe, listening to only what they want to hear, requote bogus false claims and live in constant fear of an imagined boogie man.

Yeh, those uninformed folks are special kine indeed. They ARE THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM!
Father in law on Ox, he not know about tech. Pagsure keep your a AC pumping hun.