Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark, depressing, rainy weather
quote:
Originally posted by ericlp

quote:
Originally posted by Cagary

One cannot compare Kauai to the Big Island. Kauai is tiny, which means land prices are much higher than on the Big Island.

There's no way most people could afford to simply say that they are selling their place on the Big Island and moving to Kauai.

Actually that's not true...

Some time ago, I think back in the 90's, Kauai took a direct hit from a hurricane ... The result? Land prices plummeted! You could have picked up some really nice pieces of land for incredible deals if one had money. It's really timing. Just like right now is a super time to buy on the Big Island when I sold my Fern Forest land for 65K dollars! Now it's worth a measly 11K if that.

Timing. It's really true in the real estate market --- good things come to those who wait. And real estate does cycle no matter how much your realtor lies.

We're talking about TODAY, not back when Iniki hit Kauai. I'm sure there were some great deals back then. Prices now have rebounded tremendously. Remember when Mauna Loa sent lava toward Hilo for 3 weeks in 1984? You should've seen the prices for property around Hilo in the weeks and months that followed. Deals that we'll never see again (unless Mauna Loa goes off again).
-Veritas odium parit”(Terence 195–159 BC))-"Truth begets hatred".
You don't like rain...try Waikoloa Village..it hardly ever rains