Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kapoho crater
Thank you Obie...that sounds more like what I recall. She's awesome. I always like running into her and her cute little boy! That property is gobsmackingly pretty...it rings with spirituality. Have a nice day.

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com
http://www.septemberspirals.etsy.com

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
My mistake, was looking at the large property next to it. The Ka wai a Pele property is owned by William Appleton and it is he, that has turned it into Kahumana Sanctuary. There has to be some story from the missionary "finding" it to having one of the most sacred lakes end up in private ownership.
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
quote:
Originally posted by pahoated

My mistake, was looking at the large property next to it. The Ka wai a Pele property is owned by William Appleton and it is he, that has turned it into Kahumana Sanctuary. There has to be some story from the missionary "finding" it to having one of the most sacred lakes end up in private ownership.

I think that the Kahumana Sanctuary idea died when William had his unfortunate accident.

The website was last updated in 2001 and I had a conversation with Smiley one day and she stated"Can you imagine,they wanted to build a house right here !"

My wife and I actually have access because of our involvement in neighborhood watch.We can unlock the gate in case of a tsunami warning !!

Obie, it's Aaron, from around the block... come get meeeeeeeee too, if I'm home! Tongue

-From Afghan****stain
Living on the side of creation.
Aaron

Betty went around the neighborhood and rounded up everyone.The tourists went to VNP and the rest of the people went to Green Lake or stayed behind to protect our neighborhood.A few went to the Pahoa Community Center where they were disappointed to find out they would have to sleep in their cars.

If we ever had a real disaster on this island,it would be a disaster.