Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feeling gay in Puna
Why wait Thorn ? Come on over !

We are originally from just outside of Washington DC ,and initially planned to retire in Hawaii. Kailua ( on Oahu ) to be specific.

But with the Oahu prices and our desire for a larger chunk of land, we chose Puna, and chose not to wait for retirement.

The locals are , for the most part, very accepting. We have been in Puna for less than a year, and have only encountered one individual that had an issue.

Reading threw other message boards, I have encountered many responses from Puna citizens that remark, " Yes, we too have a gay couple or gay individual that is fixing up the house down the street ."

Well of course. Thats what we do.

There is a concentration of gays and lesbians around Seaview / Kehena . We are building in Leilani Estates.

Nightlife is great ! There are circuit parties and the Puna Pride parade and festival is ........... oh, sorry , thinking about another time, another city !!

Actually, we have been contemplating organizing a Puna Gay Mafia. Details to follow.

Overall, Puna does have it's issues , but do not concern yourself with being gay and living here.

And hey, you can be in Honolulu / Waikiki in 45 minutes to get your fill of the city life. Actually , thats what we are about to do. Armani calls.

Greg and Brian

This is a wonderfully reassuring thread! As I noted in my first thread (about buying land), my partner and I are very excited about moving to Puna. We're trying to decide how to cope with lava flow zones and worries and what to make of these stories about Puna drug problems.

Good to know that Puna is a gay mecca, filled with many other couples!

Robert
Robert