Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rain!!
What do you mean awning type? Crank open and shut little louvered windows 3-4 inches high by however long, similar to louvered vents ( jolissey windows )
Still wonder if anyone knows much about solar...? please

comin' your way soon!
comin' your way soon!
Nope, they look like casement windows on their side with the hinge on top....

we stacked one set as we got a really good deal from Honsador - they had a return on a custom order of 2 windows that were as wide as we needed, but just under 1/2 the height...and we decided to stack the two... that is by far the best window arrangement of all...luckily this is in the kitchen area, so having the best window arrangement there is doubly best...They were Coastal & here is the link that inspired the stacking:
http://www.coastalwindows.com/awnings.htm

The smaller jalousie windows are fine enough, but they do not seal well at all and they do not have as clear a view...not a really big deal for all to most all of the time in Keaau town - but those 2 days of wildfires in the area would have smoked up our house (2 out of 2850 - not soo bad!)

Casement & slider windows have one HUGE drawback, even with a good overhang, there are those times that the winds might carry rain into your house.... to keep rain out, you will need wrap around lanais....which has even more positives, as most of the time, that is THE place to be!

ADDED SOLAR - a lot of people here know about solar - & there have been many previous posts - you may just want to click on the search button & search on solar - there is enough reading there to keep one out of trouble.....
It is not that we lack the knowledge for our system... I just want something that is here, but no one seems to know how it got here & how I can get the same system installer here....
My dream solar & lanai (all of which is engineered & qualifies for tax credits...and now uses a newer holographic panel):
http://www.floriansolarproducts.com/canopy.html
quote:
Originally posted by sputnut

What do you mean awning type? Crank open and shut little louvered windows 3-4 inches high by however long, similar to louvered vents ( jolissey windows )
Still wonder if anyone knows much about solar...? please

comin' your way soon!

Other than the reference to dehumidifiers and AC, not sure what you're asking. Tons of solar info if you use the search feature.

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
Ok. Keaau, your 10 day forecast is for cloudy and rain pretty much every day. Are you seeing the sun or is it constant clouds? Is it all day rain or just at night? Major downpours or drizzle? Your location is important, because Volcano has partly cloudy with only a slight chance of rain for the same period which seems odd. I am trying to get an idea what the weather there is realistically like compared to what the forecast tells me. I know what it says about us here is usually not what is happening. (but they always get the wind right, what's up with that?)
Thank you in advance for any input you have.

comin' your way soon!
comin' your way soon!
By the time I finish typing this note about the beautiful swirly clouds overhead and the sunshine on half the horizon (and rainstorm on the other half of the horizon), there'll be sunshine (or rain) overhead, and who-knows-what on the horizon.

No matter what I type to you, it'll be a lie, by the time I finish....

....except for THIS part: the constantly-changing weather (as in many many times per day) is a HUGE part of Puna's appeal for me. NEVer is it boring!