Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boy Falls Into Lava Tube Near Volcano Ntnl. Park
The trib article has it as a steam vent .... very lucky indeed

life can be so fleeting - but to go out like a hot dog.......
Man you guys must have had really boring childhoods if you have a problem with kids playing in a park! Kids have been falling in holes since forever get over it. Tough kid to fall that far unharmed. Impressed.
Although he was not totally "unharmed", he did employ some quick thinking to lessen the damage & was VERY lucky to have fallen into a steam vent during a dry spell, if there had been more moisture in the ground, there would have been much higher temps in the crack he fell into....

Teenagers will be ... teenagers - impervious to... well, just about anything that doesn't kill them....& jumping off of warning fences at dusk is.... while not "playing", it is in the realm of stupid teen tricks ... and hopefully it will be an education for this boy & many others....
Evokes so many "there I was" moments - most boys born in the 50's lucky to still be here.....

we were the generation pre collapse able steering shaft - cars

in front end collisions the steering wheel headed to the back seat by default...... second hand smoke wafted over the kerosene tea cozy fumes at grandmas.....

kids toys designed by the same folks

Lucky kid - most likely his first "there I was story"
Having raised two male children I can tell you there is nothing sane nor pleasant about a 15 yr old human male..
Sounds like he is just a normal 15 year old boy doing things that someone older and wiser would not do. I don't think it's "darwinism" at play here. Granted, this was an unsafe area, but I imagine most teenagers of both the male and female sexes do stupid things at some point in their lives. This one just happened to make the papers.

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com