Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home Security System
Bringing this forward. I have heard that Alert Alarm does not come out to the house when the alarm is triggered....and that the police do not come out either (because, you know they are driving their own cars with strap on blue lights -- still can't quite get over that).

Is that true? If so, is the deterrent effect only in the sound of the screaming alarm? Does that work? I am on a narrow half acre and the neighbors are pretty close.
When your alarm is triggered (Window sensor/motion detection,Fire alarm, panic alarm) within 15 seconds your phone will ring. Its going to be an Alert Alarm employee asking for your customer personal security code. If you dont answer the phone or cant give the correct password, the cops/fire/ambulance are called and your alarm continues to ring!!!! They also call any neighbors you have on your Contact list... Ive never actually had a false alarm at my house.... knock on wood [Smile]

I know of several instances where the police showed up at my employers residence when his alarm was accidentally triggered.
It did take them around 15 minutes to show up...

I would like to use the Navy's PHALANX system of security, it would only take once!
Gordon J Tilley
I was at Costco last week and saw a four camera indoor/outdoor infrared wireless camera system for $145. Made by "Astec".
A local couple shows a relatively cheap system here

-------
My Blog
We did not use to use our alarm much but anymore we use it every time we leave. The other thing we did do for a long time, and even now, to a certain extent, is use it at night, especially after the rash of nighttime crimes occurring several years ago, during high amount of rain while people were in their beds sleeping, only to awake to finding the home burglarized. This scared the cr*p out of us and we used the alarm every night after that for many many months. The only thing worse than being burglarized, is being asleep in your bed while it is happening.
All for alarm systems - I've had mine for almost 20 years (ADT). I think the best deterrent is the sign out front and the stickers on the windows! I've had two attempts to break in during the last ten years, both failed. I was home for the last one - it was two kids that I ended up chasing away while my wife called the police.
Do the police charge for coming out to false alarms? Do you have to have your system "registered"? Do you get a discount on your insurance?
Puna: Our roosters crow first