Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fungal infections
What a bunch of great recommendations. You can also get rash from sweat that doesn't evaporate or, worse, is released under the skin. (ick.) Desitin helps (zinc oxide) but I don't like the feel of it. So does Caldesen (sp) powder (zinc baby powder). I'm going to try the dandruff shampoo as body wash. Washing with zinc product makes sense. And vagisil? Who knew?
quote:
Originally posted by gogould

But did you try Adolphs Meat Tenderizer?

I was just reading Bullwinkles cure for bug bites hmmm.

[Smile]

Even though you probably meant that as a joke, there might be some truth in it. Since the monstera sap is full of oxalic acid.

works wonders on sea urchin and other marine stings as well - first line of defense for cruising sailors ..... as is ginger for motion sickness when we have guests......
quote:
Originally posted by Kapohocat

quote:
Originally posted by gogould

But did you try Adolphs Meat Tenderizer?

I was just reading Bullwinkles cure for bug bites hmmm.

[Smile]

Even though you probably meant that as a joke, there might be some truth in it. Since the monstera sap is full of oxalic acid.

I was joking and serious at the same time. The spirit of experimentation is important in these situations. I still swear by the Vicks VapoRub. It was a stunning victory in a long and boring war. Why it worked elswhere as well by putting it between my toes did cause some questions on my part. It was an experiment that worked, if that worked why not Adolphs?
quote:
Originally posted by DTisme

What a bunch of great recommendations. You can also get rash from sweat that doesn't evaporate or, worse, is released under the skin. (ick.) Desitin helps (zinc oxide) but I don't like the feel of it. So does Caldesen (sp) powder (zinc baby powder). I'm going to try the dandruff shampoo as body wash. Washing with zinc product makes sense. And vagisil? Who knew?

Not too surprising - yeast is a single-celled fungus, and dandruff is also a fungal problem. Many antifungal medicines advertised as such are designed to go after contagious diseases like ringworm and athlete's foot, whereas yeast infections and dandruff are both caused by overgrowth of fungi that are normally present, which are usually different kinds. Probably a lot of what people get as a result of humidity is the latter type.
Have you tried MMS? A friend cured his tooth abscess with it. http://jimhumble.org/

SECRET KNOWLEDGE - "NOT FOR US TO KNOW"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91qs9v-upWI
SECRET KNOWLEDGE - "NOT FOR US TO KNOW"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91qs9v-upWI
MMS? "It's a bit like drinking concentrated bleach. They've had corrosive injuries: vomiting, stomach pains, diarrhoea,"

Thanks liksir, I can always count on you to keep us up to date with the latest developments in the world of quackery.

Yeah, that sounds like very dangerous stuff.

Added: It might kill some fungus when used topically as it's killing everything else it touches.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/Safet...220756.htm
quote:
FDA warned consumers not to consume or use Miracle Mineral Solution, an oral liquid solution also known as "Miracle Mineral Supplement" or "MMS." The product, when used as directed, produces an industrial bleach that can cause serious harm to health. The product instructs consumers to mix the 28 percent sodium chlorite solution with an acid such as citrus juice. This mixture produces chlorine dioxide, a potent bleach used for stripping textiles and industrial water treatment. High oral doses of this bleach, such as those recommended in the labeling, can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and symptoms of severe dehydration.

But I suppose that's just the tyrannical government being shills for Big Chemical Pharma.