Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tightening the reins on Punaweb
I'm all for it, and I say it's not a moment too soon.

This forum has been very valuable to me at times, and I appreciate Rob very much for hosting it.

This forum has also been barely worth visiting, at times, due to the self-absorbed actions of a small handful of people.

I very much prefer the former.

Thanks Rob.
Rob, lock the threads as you see fit seems like the least administrative effort. Even with spammers, the threads end up with no activity and just shuffle down, same with the way out there posts. Mahalo.

"This island Hawaii on this island Earth"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Rob, I support any decision you make. It's your forum, thank you very much.

But maybe locking threads isn't as effective as it could be. Perhaps creating a new Punaweb subforum would be more effective; when these off-topic, nasty threads get going, move them into the new subforum, and people could keep arguing as long as they like.

I assume that most people mostly check the Punatalk forum (since it seems to have the most action), so I'm guessing the moved threads would die quickly without being directly censored.

I think the hardest part would be finding a name for the new forum that doesn't sound like "Place for stupid jerks to argue it out without bothering the rest of us"

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
Simply call it, "The Dark Side".
There are other forums out there for people who want to be insulting and rude online, I see no reason for Rob to change Punaweb by adding sub forums for those who want to act that way here. Accommodating that sort of behavior just legitimizes it.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
I agree with Carol.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I look at it this way. It's Robs forum. Yeah sure, we all use it, but at the end of the day it's his forum! His house His rules. Smile

Dayna

www.E-Z-Caps.com
Dayna Robertson
At Home Hawaii
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
RS-85517
Dayna.JustListedInHawaii.com
Dayna.Robertson@gmail.com
agree to the above, and with carol. peace