Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
air fares
I think the $399.00 roundtrip from Hawaii to the west coast isn't going to be happening anytime soon. Usually when Hawaiian offers that fare from Honolulu and Maui...Alaska matches them on their non-stops from Kona.
remember the days you could a buy ten one way trip book for a $1000? (2006 last season I believe)

Ive never seen pricing this firm into the off season - I'm blaming the polar vortex - be interesting to see the visitor stats

I usually opt for the continental / united red eye .... indeed a low of 348 r/t 2 yrs ago ....right now 21 days out still showing 750-ouch

come on $550 - grin

Airfares are not ever going to go down !
Flights are full !

The airlines have finally decided to quit trying to commit suicide !

Alaska Airlines currently has numerous dates available in March for $159 (one-way) Honolulu to Bellingham and $189 Honolulu to Oakland. Search the "low fare calendar" on their website for best deals. Hope that helps you.
http://beatofhawaii.com/hawaii-deals-for...-from-189/
San Jose, Sac, Oak, SD, Portland, Seattle, Bellingham from $379 round trip including taxes/fees

if I remember right... last winter is was much lower, ie $129 ea way and even $215 from NY to Hawaii one time...

check the link above for the lowest non-advertised prices.....

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
thx .... still watching, maybe when the mainland thaws out...grin
quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle

Ive never seen pricing this firm into the off season - I'm blaming the polar vortex - be interesting to see the visitor stats

What off season?

April-May and Oct-Nov are the off seasons, when tourist business drops. Hotels drop their rates and also do seasonal layoffs of excess staff. Everyday airfares drop during these "shoulders."

Mid-December through March are winter "high season," when the highest rates of the year prevail, because travel plans are driven by awful winter weather on the mainland. Deals are in short supply, because snow does the heavy marketing.

Summer has higher total counts, because kids are out of school and many people still take annual vacations in summer. And summer tourism is heavily marketed by the state and by the industry, with lots of deals being offered.
Just booked a round trip from Denver to Hilo for $703 1st week of march. Truly wacky day of travel 2 stops Den -Sea - Lax- ito..
I usually buy a southwest flt into LAX and catch a untied direct flight to hilo. This time however I was shocked to see the 5:07 pm direct flight out of LAX to ITO was $1550 dumbfounded I was about to buy a Allegiant fight thru Vegas and Honolulu when I checked United from Denver to Hilo and was shocked to see a $703 fare with a seat on the exact same flight that cost $1550 if booked sepretly only from LAX to ITO? Huh?

How can it be cheaper almost exactly half the price to fly to hilo from Denver (middle america) rather than from LA (west coast) Even more strange is the fact I now have to fly through seattle and then to Lax to get on the same flight that cost $1550? You would think it's costing the airline a lot more to send me on a tour of the northwest for 5 hours before getting on my direct Hilo fight..

I will never understand the airline business if I was in LA I would be searching flights starting all over the US and just goto the airport for the "3rd" flight I bought and only pay half price..

Another thing I HATE about airlines is the fact that Southwest and Allegiant wont transfer checked bags so you are forced to go out to baggage claim and pick them up and recheck (re-pay) them in, back through security again etc. this sucks when trying to plan a southwest flight to say LAX and then connecting to United... or in Honolulu collecting bags and re checking them for inter island flights means adding up to 1hr or 2 you have to leave yourself when making a connection.. gets old if you do it much..

Rant over.. fwiw my past two fights in the fall were 500 round trip