Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hit a Whale, Go to Jail
unknownjulie -- there are known knowns and there are things we know we don't know and then there are the things we don't know we don't know and we never know which is which. You throw a propane tank into the ocean to keep whales from harassing you. They wake you up at night and sound like a tyrannosaurus rex is coming through your bedroom window. In this instance, I did not aim to hit a whale. I just kinda wanted to get thrown to the ground and to be lightly restrained. I have a birthday coming up and I have to get a LOT of livin' in before that happens.
There's a solution to that bellowing whale problem which I too endure some nights.
Home Depot doesn't carry them, but Amazon has a nice 'decorative' (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) harpoon for only $60:
http://www.amazon.com/HS-HP-09A-Double-Decorative-Harpoon/dp/B0041DM7KS/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1396402206&sr=8-9&keywords=harpoon

As one reviewer commented:
"Even better than I hoped it would be--sturdy."
(I'm guessing the ghost of Captain Ahab using an alias)
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I appreciate your sense of humor, yet I almost freaked out.
dang April Fools day anyhoos!!! It temporarily changed my whole online perception of you Kelena! ;p good one
islandgirl
I am pleased to report that I dropped off the two propane tanks at the propane place in Pahoa next to Ace Hardware today. When they have a little propane in them, you can leave them there. Otherwise, they do take them at the Pahoa transfer station, I'm told. No gay baby whales were harmed in the disposal of these propane tanks. Mahalo for your kokua.

Your perception of me is correct: I was born to be bad. But on April Fool's Day, I'm worse.
This really was pretty hilarious!
Oh darn. April 1st. I was going to try to recruit you for my weekend baseball team. That's a good arm that can toss a couple of propane tanks far enough to hit a whale.
Arm's very good. Check it and see. Can't jump though.