Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian Acres Roads
The lawsuit the has engulfed both HARC and HACA is just starting . and the $5000.00 HARC put down as payment is just the beginning of the cost to get them through the mess they are in. with one board member stating "I will spend all the money to fight this " that sounds like it will take all the donated money for roads to prove his point. the community needs to wake up and step in the money is not to be used to pay for thei legal fees . that money was donated to be used on the road . this is also going to be a HUGE issue down the road for them when it gets into RECEIVERSHIP.. and that is coming next.
i have been researching. i read someones thought about the 60 foot easement and county standards. what i found out is that the county did not "take over road 8"
instead, they got a permanent easement through hawaiian acres and for the easement agreed to maintain the road which is why it is still only the 40 feet.
it seems to me if road one gets to the point that emergency vehicles/school buses cant use it could we negotiate for them to take the easement, i guess that must be some liability issue they wouldnt have to deal with.. interesting, new thing to explore...
I have heard that there is a little old guy and an oriental fellow patching road 1 on the weekends. Does anyone know anything about this ?
quote:
http://www.hawaiianacresroads.org/
HAWAIIAN ACRES ROAD CORPORTATION

PO Box 1261 Kurtistown, Hawaii 96760 808-966-9892

Hmmm... "Corportation." Makes me wonder what else they're doing wrong. The site doesn't readily list any of the individuals involved. There's that accountability thing again.

"Life is labor, and all that is good in life comes from that labor..."
"Life is labor, and all that is good in life comes from that labor..."
county did not "take over road 8" ... they got a permanent easement

Yes. I have not found the paper that goes with this, but I suspect that County's easement does not include a grant of statutory authority, hence a traffic ticket written to an HA landowner would not withstand a court challenge despite the "Lingle Clarification".