Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where to buy a lawn mower?
We have two push mowers which are both less than a year old and both broken at the moment. One is a Honda self propelled the other a toro. Both cost between 3-4 hundred usually. We mow our acre every two weeks which takes 4 in a half hours each time we mow. So that equates to 9 hours a month or 108 hours a year.
Wheels fall off, gas caps get broken, blades bend, self-propelled part goes frequently all this and more happens before they are even a year old. I have yet to change a spark plug on any mower because they simply don't last long enough. Every year around these holidays I have to buy a new push mower and find a junkyard or chap who wants to recycle my Jason or Freddy type of machines.

I know I could buy a riding mower and miss the work out, yet then I may need a gym membership in hilo to burn some of these pounds that seem to find my waste easier with age. I figure someone who mows half an hour, once a month on a fifth of an acre can get these same type of mowers to last maybe 20 years. From what I have experienced from these cheap mowers these days is that they don't make them like they use too, kind of like cars. Hawaii's weather or climate may affect how long some of these mowers last also.
If anyone is fixing these types of machines in the area they are probably busy.
Just to join Pog in a little bit of fun, surely you've heard of Steve the lawn mower DUI guy?

http://youtu.be/95qZtwJNjxk?list=PL48AA0159E7FF4657

"I know my rights!"
LOL ... Pick any tangent road here ... 'Steve' is on it .... Shaka, beeg smile and aloha to 'steve' as we all pass. Same same as family riding bikes / walking with keiki,,,,,,, whoo hoo ! unless you hawaiideBORah type.

aloha,
pog
That video was hilarious, thanks for sharing TomK. Really had a good laugh this morning watching lawn mowing man Steve get the taser gun, buzz kill. At first I thought that video was shot in Opihikao or maybe red road, then the officer stepped in and I knew that could not have been around here.
I do need to buy yet another push mower this week. Anyone know where the best deal on a Honda or toro might be?. I don't think we can order them on amazon anymore.

P.S I think Steve in that video was forced to dump out his moonshine and put out his home grown cigarette. Just a good-ole-boy trying to get to work to get the job done, the officer was hidden on a back road in the shade until he decided to work and play power cop. Funny stuff.
That sure doesn't *look* like Eden Roc, but Steve would fit right in.
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
quote:
Originally posted by gypsy69

That video was hilarious, thanks for sharing TomK. Really had a good laugh this morning watching lawn mowing man Steve get the taser gun, buzz kill. At first I thought that video was shot in Opihikao or maybe red road, then the officer stepped in and I knew that could not have been around here.
I do need to buy yet another push mower this week. Anyone know where the best deal on a Honda or toro might be?. I don't think we can order them on amazon anymore.

P.S I think Steve in that video was forced to dump out his moonshine and put out his home grown cigarette. Just a good-ole-boy trying to get to work to get the job done, the officer was hidden on a back road in the shade until he decided to work and play power cop. Funny stuff.

There are 5 mowers for sale at Ace in Pahoa !!

BUY LOCAL !!!!
Tom: LOL that video was hilarious. That cop had way to much time on his hands. That dirt lane isn't exactly the interstate. I think he could have let Steve drive to the oyster shack without all the drama. Steve should move to Pahoa and he'll fit right in.

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Steve is a funny guy, but sorry to disillusion anyone here, the videos are not real events, they're acting. Despite that they are very funny. My favourite is this one, but didn't post it here as it didn't involve a lawnmower:

http://youtu.be/30InBgGhiSo

and this is pretty good as well with a slight relevance to Puna:

http://youtu.be/Fds_hupE2vQ

And back to lawnmowers:

http://youtu.be/891dtRIB-FQ
There's a lawnmower for sale in the buy sell trade forum right now.
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
We got a good weed whacker from David,a guy who sells whackers and mowers from his house. The guy really know his stuff. Phone is 747-2884. Or go to Walmart.