Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilo Bay Fissle 2014
According to todays' paper, a computer glitch caused the 40 min delay & the failure of the firing of the finale.

there was supposed to be 10 min of "spectacular pyrotechnics" & my guess is that the show that was given was no where near anyone's idea of spectacular... it seem the finale was to have wowed, without it, well... dud seems to come to mind...

According to the paper, the pyrotechnics company is planning to come back, "before the end of summer, probably, and ... give Hilo what they missed out on"... but no dates have been set...so we shall see...
When the clouds opened up for a great view of mauna kea, and it turned all kinds of colors and a DEEP red at the end... Beat any fireworks show on the planet!

Yes, we were told that it would be half hour late and started like 8:45... Went on for a lame slow boring 7-8 minutes ... then paused for what seemed like the final was going to come up. Nothing happened for the pause and I figured that was the END and I had enough already of waiting so we walked back to the car only to miss about 4-5 dogs running around on 11. Felt sorry for the animals.

That was the worst fireworks show I had ever seen, tho, if I didn't drive down to Hilo, I would have missed that awesome sunset. So it alone, to me, was worth it! Just wish I had my good camera with me to at lease have gotten a few shots in.

-------------------------
To email me click on Link http://is.gd/QMfVEX
Here's a few photos I shot of that beautiful Fourth of July sunset from the Lahaina Harbor breakwater.

http://punatics.com/Lahaina_Sunset_4th_o..._2014.html

I put a couple of flash video clips on too from my iPhone of the sunset and 6-1/2 minutes of the ten minute fireworks show.

Nice....
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
The color saturation is great
Those are the natural colors, no filters. Only bumped the tone of the image just above the videos, original is more golden.

The video of the sunset shows the untouched colors, but photos were taken over more than half an hour so light was constantly changing with clouds.
So it sounds like we're gonna get a makeup show - so that's cool.

Does anyone know why that sunset was so special? Perhaps the upper level clouds present that day?
Update - Fireworks Show On August 23, 2014.

http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/loc...69NbZ.gbpl

Hawaii County has scheduled a “Family Fun Fest” on Aug. 23.

The event will include live music acts at Mooheau bandstand and a fireworks show in Hilo Bay.

Hawaii Explosives and Pyrotechnics is providing the fireworks show free of charge to make up for its Independence Day show in Hilo Bay that was hit by computer glitches.

The music will begin at 3 p.m. Acts performing include Braddah Waltah &Friends, Randy Lorenzo &Friends, the Michael Strand Band and Girls Night Out.

Fireworks begin at 8 p.m.

Bayfront Highway will be closed from 6-10 p.m. to allow for better viewing of the fireworks.

Gates at Mooheau bus terminal, Mooheau Park ball field and the soccer field will be open to allow better access.
Fantastic job on the fireworks show tonight.

When in Rome.. Do as the Romans do....
Looked like lightning over Hilo from our house in HPP. Darn clump of bamboo was in the way......
Puna: Our roosters crow first