Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Island Circus Fined $50,000 by DLNR
Favorite Krusty quote... "Auggghhgh! You people make me sick!" and "Ixnay on the Oojay"!

JohnDW... "possible un mojado sin licencia... pero, un hombre con grande sentido del humor." Gracias!

X
X
quote:
Originally posted by JohnDW

So, let me get this straight, HVC and VGS are/were providing much needed and appreciated services to a segment of the community, right? Ostensibly those services operated in the red; as a result, both 501c3's resorted to illegal/unethical practices to make ends meet? Apparently HVC/VGS are financially unsustainable and fall under the category "Expensive Hobby". I wonder why no one from the community stepped up to endow these institutions or, for that matter, simply paid their fines?

Speaking of clowns, my favorite is Krusty. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lunu80Od54

Un Mojado Sin Licencia

JohnDW, would be nice it was as simple as looking thru your rose tinted glasses. Their leader had ample opportunity to work with the county, who by the way went out of their way to help support the Circus. Instead he consistently disrespected by not the officials by not responding or even trying to work with them. He was also given limits to loud functions to support the neighbors and he ignored them.

Few years back I accompanied a friend to speak with him. He was one of the neighbors and a bit overwhelmed by the loud noise at night. We met with GE, both of us calm and respectful however GE was calm and highly disrespectful. A blatant screw you attitude. Basically the exact same story from the other neighbors. Sort of an entitled God complex. This went on for years at the expense of many people.

I've got more stories, plenty of them, I know the guy who cut down all the trees in question. He's my carpenter, and he feared being arrested, I got to witness this as he worked on my house. He is extremely put off by GE, because according to my carpenter, GE showed him markers claiming it was private property and my carpenter was on probation at the time. Very dangerous for him and GE knew it and knew he was very diligent at following his probation orders, they were supposedly friends. He has since testified to the officials. If I hadn't witnessed the blatant disregard and disrespect myself I wouldn't be writing this post.
Difficult to read through all these responses and try to get a sense of the situation, because there's obviously a lot of of stuff here that only real insiders understand.

But in terms of the DLNR fine, I have a couple of comments. I like Graham Ellis and think that his efforts over the years have resulted in a lot of benefits for the children and families of the area.

But if he is actually claiming that he has no knowledge of the jungalows or who built them - that's really disturbing. I took a visiting friend there once, several years ago, to meet Graham and see all the great things they were doing for the community, and Graham walked us around all the jungalows, talking about how he and his groups had built them, maintained them, and made them available to people who wanted to come contribute to the 501c3's efforts. It was a fun visit and my friend was really impressed.

Now we find that the jungalows are on state land and Graham had no right to be operating them as rentals, and he's being fined for that, and for other encroachments. Fair enough. The DLNR is as slow and deliberate as molasses, and they don't make a single move unless they are 500% sure they are absolutely right. But if Graham is actually claiming he doesn't know anything about who built the jungalows, well, surely there are a lot more people than just me who know this is not true?
Well thought out, and well said, Nadamucho. And that is exactly one of my interests. And along that line, how many other issues will this person feel it is acceptable with which to be dishonest. Kind of reminds me of my former wife... you start to wonder if the real issue is actually whether she is believing her own lies...

X
X
Well... I stand corrected. Apparently nothing is what it seems in la la landia. How naïve of me to think of show business types as being paragons of virtue. Well at least GE, for better or worse, used his real name and didn't duck behind a pseudonym like a common flimflam man -- give him credit where credit's due -- although he may be thinking of changing his name even now. I'm so shocked to hear reports of him using less-than-gentlemanly behaviors to have his way. I imagine he was just "in character", so to speak, because GE and his crew would wet their pants if confronted with the genuine article. Anyway, I promise myself to always judge people by their actions and not by their appearance.

Un Mojado Sin Licencia
Un Mojado Sin Licencia
Well John, GE is a bit of an enigma given all he has done for the kids and the community. But there is another side and it's not as pretty.