Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPP Private Roads
Hpp is the fastest growing subdivision on the Island. Maybe in the state. We have the population to make the state and County to stand up and hear us. We have the power of the vote. We have the population. Do we have the will? Our State rep lives in the Park.
Thanks for the replys, I think. Smile I'm OK with the roads (or if wouldn't have moved here) but it would be nice to have a paved road and keep my car cleaner. It seems there are at least 10 years of issues with the roads getting or not getting paved. I thought I understood that the roads would be paved in the near future but it doesn't seem that is the case. Now just trying to get a better handle on this issue and the future for HPP.

Mjolinar
Mjolinar
"In a nutshell"...HPP got a loan for 20 million to pave roads. At the planning stages...20 million would have been enough to pave just about all the roads...but when they actually started paving.... the cost had more than doubled. So they did what they could with the money they had. And now HPP residents are paying for that loan in the form of higher yearly road fees.
quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

"In a nutshell"...HPP got a loan for 20 million to pave roads. At the planning stages...20 million would have been enough to pave just about all the roads...but when they actually started paving.... the cost had more than doubled. So they did what they could with the money they had. And now HPP residents are paying for that loan in the form of higher yearly road fees.

It's not a loan it's a bond, at least with a loan you can pay it off early if you find another lender to accept the debit.
The HPP bond is at 6.75% the old board tried to pay it off early and the bond holders told them, ok, at 120% of the balance due.
Lots and lots of realtors are still listing properties in HPP with the false claim that "all the roads will be paved soon" but there are also realtors who advertise properties with pictures of the Kalapana beach that is buried under lava, so truth in real estate advertising here is non existent!
Like we said rules are no different in HPP than HA or anywhere else . Charter is oldest in HA . Hpp has same co ownership of their roads but gets all the money . Like a free highway and they are still landlocked . They got HA community center money . They got to remove their emergency road to dump traffic up Ainaloa . They get what ever they want . The only thing different about roads owned in common is the fact the politicians and planning director live there . . Like we all voted open every private subdivision equally or none at all
Having only one acres lots on smaller land area than HA got HA screwed
Why was Hpp Orchidland and fern acres allowed to MAP HA ? Illegally mapped with 6 of 9 maps drawn in HA . It will be one big lawsuit letting district 3& 4 decimate HA . After they lost In Court . Hpp takes all of HA for the benefits . The mainland Haoles taking over Hpp
hapahaole
HPP was set up and marketed for mainland