Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feral Pigs moved on.
We live in a "subdivision" in which the smallest "lots" are 6.5 acres. I shoot any pigs on our property I see. Babys, Mommies, Hogs, I happily shoot them all. We live right up against the Hamakua Forrest Preserve, and I figure the indigenous population can use all the help it can get! I informed the neighbors of the fact that I will shoot pis whenever I see them on property (day or night). Everyone in the 'hood has said "Hooray!"

I have shot pigs at 3am, no one has called the cops (granted it's 2 or 3 shots, tops) Recently I was able to get a 2-fer shot. Heard grunting at night, grabbed the .22 walked up to the Lilikoi vines where there were 2 piggies rooting away. Shot one, she dropped, the male spun and started to run, I dropped him 10 feet from the female. I usually chuck them in the "imu and have a pig roast if I will be on island a while; otherwise I call friends Makai who drive up and grab what I have shot for themselves (the folks I call are locals with families who appreciate the call)

We're all here, because we're not all there!
We're all here, because we're not all there!