Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
used cars
Jm.... consider looking in Honolulu for vehicles. It's only about $100 to ship from there to the Big Island. With the military base there are lots of low cost turnovers as guys get transferred. Check on craigslist.org for honooulu. Smile

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I spent about an hour looking over the vehicles for sale on the post from Pam Lamont and if you are looking for a used anything you should definately find it there. Lots of bail-out prices lots of low mileage vehicles as well as some pretty nice specialty vehicles too.

Thanks to Pam - Good To Know Info

Aloha HADave & Mz P

Hawaiian Acres

The best things in life are free.... or have no interest or payments for one full year.

$8500 sounds like a good deal, Dave, my company paid $18,000 to move us from Michigan to Alabama last year. Is your tractor on a trailer or will you have to get one in Hilo? I would love to have my old Ferguson out there with the front end loader and back blade.

Aloha Scott

Scott
If you have a sound, dependable tractor and think you'll use it, I'd recommend you bring it. Solid used tractors are scarce here and new ones can be pricey. Can't tell you the number of times my wife and I have been thankful for bringing the tractor and it has many more tasks ahead.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Scott, I also have a trailer 16ft which will carry tractor + longest implement but there won't be room for it and besides I don't see myself moving it so far but what I can't just drive it to that location. I must agree w/ David M a tractor is an invaluable piece of equipment and I would leave many other things behind before I would leave it. Besides if you can make room for it in a container it ships for free. The 861.00 vehicle fee covers all.

HADave

Edited by - HADave on 01/30/2006 08:18:22
Aloha HADave & Mz P

Hawaiian Acres

The best things in life are free.... or have no interest or payments for one full year.

A tractor is a great tool! It's amazing how much use you can get out of one. I have a 1995 Kubota B2150 that I could not live without. And yes, the tractor is making the trip with us. As a matter of fact, the tractor is pretty excited about going to Hawaii! You know - hang around open fields, checking out other tractor's attachments! WOW, check out THAT front-end loader!!!

David D

Yeah, Kubota B2150, 75.4cu in 4cyl 24hp diesel engine 63" wheelbase......AR AR AR

Is it 4WD..........Sweet..........

Plan on making good use of my Wild Boar Bush Hog.....The Squealer....... chews up most anything you can drive over up to 1 inch Been in service with my Tractor since 1984.....What a Sweetie......Still starts right up even at -20 degrees

Aloha HADave & Mz P

Hawaiian Acres

aaarrraaarrr power tools drool!! You may need that trailer so you can hire out! LOL

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Just wanted to let you all know that I did find a good guy to buy used cars from. His name is George Clemons and his place is called Hawaii Cars, located at 376 Kilauea ave. in Hilo. His phone # is 808-961-0800 and website is www.hawaii-cars.com. He's a good guy and has good deals, he even noticed something that I didn't on the car that I was buying and sent it over to the shop to get fixed before he would sell it to me, and he even drove to the airport to pick me up when I dropped off my rental car. He also has rental cars cheaper than you can get from any of the rental companies. I was very pleased with the whole experience at Hawaii Cars. So if anyone needs a good used car, or an inexpensive rental, give George a call.
Aloha,
Mark