Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are personal attacks tolerated on PW?
My experience, after being online for over 25 years now, is that those who complain to moderators are generally as guilty, or even more guilty, of behaving the same way as the behavior they complain about. I think this is a classic example.
What about comparing ethnic minorities to livestock that is a pest and needs to be eradicted? I think there may be actual laws against that one, never mind forum rules.
I think Rob does an amazing job as moderator.
Of course, the other way to go is to post something outrageous, such as suggesting people should enjoy watching their house burn down, wait for the expected outrage, delete your post and then complain to the moderator.
Everyone has the opportunity to be an a-hole from time to time and take advantage of it. Even me.

If I booted people for each possible infraction, which is highly subjective to begin with, there would be no one left here after a while. There are a few dozen people who are not happy with me for booting them over the years. So I have taken action. It takes repeat obnoxious behavior. I think on this occasion the message has been delivered.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

My experience, after being online for over 25 years now, is that those who complain to moderators are generally as guilty, or even more guilty, of behaving the same way as the behavior they complain about. I think this is a classic example.

dakine complaining about attitude on PW is the pot/kettle