Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are hicop.org
Aviation fuel is expensive and so is operation time. I'm sure routes are chosen to be direct and as low altitude as permitted and safe. Some offer coastline tours and some fly direct to the caldera and some do a mix of things, but they are probably all just trying to save fuel and time when flying.
quote:
Originally posted by Eric1600

Aviation fuel is expensive and so is operation time. I'm sure routes are chosen to be direct and as low altitude as permitted and safe. Some offer coastline tours and some fly direct to the caldera and some do a mix of things, but they are probably all just trying to save fuel and time when flying.

Exactly my point. We have an seemingly unregulated business saving money on fuel by flying over residential areas. If they are not charging enough to cover fuel costs, then the solution is to charge more money not to use our subdivisions as a shortcuts!
Well, the FAA has more regulations that you could probably imagine. My point was mostly addressing people thinking that pilots avoid areas based on the wealth of those living there. When the volcano goes off and starts making smiling faces there's gonna be more flights. The FAA reviews flight paths based on complaints and data. Ino's method is pretty much the only way to begin to get flight zones changed. Decibel level recordings with time stamps and flight info also help.