Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sat. Jan. 21 - Womens March in Hilo
The homeless were welcomed as well. I personally signed up a homeless man for the Democratic Party of Hawaii. Very nice young man named Donovan.People signed petitions and there were booths where people could get all sorts of support and links to community and gov't programs. Ithought it was very well organized and run. And the interactions were all so friendly, supportive and positive..a great community event!
Instead or protesting our new president, shouldn't these women (and the alphabet soup people) have protested what Muslim men do to them already? The religion of zero tolerance or acceptance of others?

This was about the local march. If its going to get into national and world politics everyone please stop.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
The religion of zero tolerance or acceptance of others?

It's great that people can protest for their cause.

The problem is, everyone is still fighting "us vs them".

As long as this continues, protests are worthless.
One of the great things about being a citizen of the United States is the right to peacefully assemble to seek redress from our government. Everyone gets to decide what cause they want to assemble in support of, or protest against. To denigrate people because they are not protesting what YOU think is important is absurd. If something is important to you, exercise your constitutional rights concerning that cause, but don't think you get to dictate what other people think is important.

My wheelchair bound partner and I and our gay teenaged niece joined the Women's March in Hilo in support of the right of people to love and marry who they wish, for equal respect and opportunities for the disabled, for our gay and transgendered brother and sisters to be able to live their lives in peace, and the right of women to move about our community in safety, free of harassment.

Those were our causes, but that doesn't mean we are saying those are the only causes that matter, but you really can't protest everything all at once.
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

Instead or protesting our new president, shouldn't these women (and the alphabet soup people) have protested what Muslim men do to them already? The religion of zero tolerance or acceptance of others?

Now you're being insulting and baiting people into an senseless argument. If you're so worried about other things than what was represented in the Hilo march, then you should form your own organization. However you should also gracefully accept the fact that it is perfectly fine that your fellow Americans are concerned about other issues that you don't care about.
State Rep. Beth Fukumoto has been the house minority leader in Hawaii since 2012 but was voted out of her position for participating in the women’s march recently.

http://jezebel.com/hawaii-house-republic...1791948338

"Only fear real things, such as minds full of delusions." -Last Aphorisms
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves