Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shooting at Pohoiki
Bump.
Media has gone silent on this incident.
Wondering why no news coming out about the injured?
What they have to say about it.

Guess Media will pick it up again when it goes to court.
Seems like they always want to sweep any horrific happenings under the rug here.
And this was one of the worst in our recent history.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
Trials set for two of Puna's finest.

http://westhawaiitoday.com/news/local-ne...ault-cases

These two should be punished hard to show others what not to do in Puna. How old was the underage girl that Laboy took advantage of? Shame on these thugs. jmo
I agree, gypsy! They should come down extra hard on gun crime, we don't want that nonsense here.
Nothing will happen to them .. they ( might) get 5 years . One third of that off for good behavior.. they will be out in about three years to resume their lifestyle. Meantime it costs us 35,000 (each) a year to feed them... and pay for their babysitters.

We treat criminals better than we do the homeless.. what the hell is wrong with society..
People are not defective.. society is.

* thank you spell check for making me seem retarded.
"meantime it costs us 35k each to feed them and pay for babysitters" I wonder what the overall percentages are. I bet far more than 50% of the working Puna residents do not even make 35k a year.
Sick system. Needs healing.
it costs us 35,000 (each) a year to feed them

80K/year if they're outsourced to the mainland;
120K/year if they stay on-island.
quote:
Originally posted by alaskyn66

Well..... Maybe a bit of both. With wisdom you realize we're all defective to some degree, in some aspect of our lives. A good society is one that accounts for that.
quote:
Originally posted by randomq

quote:
Originally posted by alaskyn66

Well..... Maybe a bit of both. With wisdom you realize we're all defective to some degree, in some aspect of our lives. A good society is one that accounts for that.

George Carlin did a bit on society it's on YouTube somewhere.
He made a point .. garbage in garbage out.. if I remember right it was about political things but could apply to many different aspects of society.

Here it is : might be NSFW

https://youtu.be/jpWrsEpWgrc
So the one that initiated the gun fight is out on 275K bail for 6 months until his trial. According to the article?
And the one that was defending himself and family in still in Jail on with bail set at 500K.
SMH
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.