Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orchidland getting fiber
They are back again, installing more hardware. Pretty substantial looking stuff. Am I living in bizarro world, or should I put tin foil in my hat?
It's a fascinating process to watch. After they added the fiber, another truck dragged a gizmo along the wires that combined the fiber line onto the existing utility line. So no "new" line to look at.
HOTPE- there are apparently some pockets w cable on first couple of streets. If you look at Aloha Broadband's service map, you'll see the areas in HPP W/o cable. Thank God for Aloha filling in the non-serviced areas. Im on 3rd Makuu dead end-- no cable here and I only know one other house on 3rd w Hawaiian Tel internet, betw Paradise and Makuu, but as far as I know it's the only house on the block. You are lucky.
Terracore, sounds like the same thick black line that was put in Fern Forest. Subscribe to it, and tell us how fast it is! Big Grin If it really is is Gig speeds, that will be amazing!

I've heard some people in FF are hooked up already... Tho, might be more of a rumor going around.

As far as I know, they place the cable where there is 1. enough density of housing and 2. where people have asked for it, no, demanded it, constantly.
This was originally about Orchidland but only replies are fern forest and eden rock. So is cable being installed in OCLA or not. I have seen no such activity circa Laniuma or OCLA Blvd.
ericlp:
quote:
I've heard some people in FF are hooked up already... Tho, might be more of a rumor going around.

Probably the latter. I called HawaiianTel about new BB service here in FF and was told that they'd let me know when it became available.