Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Email to all 18,000 UofH Students & Faculty
I agree with Lodestone. Potassium iodide supplements will only help protect your thyroid gland and only after you've ingested a radioactive isotope of iodide. Some think it's a "magic bullet" that'll protect you against radiation, but it isn't, it only helps under specific conditions. As Lodestone says, there are a lot of other nasties that will get you first if fallout affects you. A strike on Honolulu will not likely cause fallout here, but the consequences of such a strike will be massive and state-wide, no matter what. Sorry for the doom and gloom post, but that's the way it is.
Seems to me that Hawaii wouldn't be an attractive destination for a strike.

If they want to test out their accuracy by dropping a missile near a strategic target, it would be a non warhead shot into the ocean near Guam.
If he really wants to go down in a blaze of glory, then a nuke attack on the US west coast would be the ticket. Better chance of hitting something and more people killed.

But yeah, he's a nut so all bets are off.[Sad]
Hawaii County planning for a Nuclear Attack by North Korea.

http://www.bigislandvideonews.com/2017/1...emergency/

I don't think the ruler of North Korea cares much for Our current President. Maybe Donald Trump owns some land on the big Isle, has a few large investments like the TMT and resorts or has other plans for Hawaii's vast amounts of Indian Lands on the Big island in the near future. jmo

https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/ne...dian-land/

Hawaii County planning for a Nuclear Attack by North Korea.

The article makes it sound more like pre-planning to possibly make a plan:

government emergency management understands that we need to plan ahead. We need to do something, put some plans in place

Where have I heard this before?

http://dilbert.com/strip/1996-07-05
They can't even figure out how to make the existing siren system work as an attack warning. Didn't they say they needed months to "study" the use of the sirens for that purpose? Siren malfunctions are fairly common for natural emergencies, so I'm not very optimistic they'll ever get it right.
how to make the existing siren system work as an attack warning. Didn't they say they needed months to "study" the use of the sirens

And this would seem to be a bigger issue for Oahu than the outer islands, assuming they are a more likely target. Usually their politicians can find the money necessary for an issue that impacts them the most. Well, at least their residents can hide under some concrete HART supports. If they can figure out what the sirens mean.

“Facts fall from the poetic observer as ripe seeds.” -Henry Thoreau
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
a bigger issue for Oahu than the outer islands

Nothing to see here, move along...