Can I have that translated to English?

Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Sue.

***Still can't figure out how to spell 'car' correctly***
***Still can't figure out how to spell 'car' correctly***
VI: Can I ask how much the property management people wanted to deal with your house, if you got that far? I may end up having to move to the mainland and I'd like to keep my house. Already got tenants, just need someone who can take care of issues.
quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Rambler

VI: Can I ask how much the property management people wanted to deal with your house, if you got that far? I may end up having to move to the mainland and I'd like to keep my house. Already got tenants, just need someone who can take care of issues.

MR: we didn't get a price from them, but a few years back when we first bought the place we talked to Jordan (unfortunately now not in the business) and it was 10% + repairs/maintenance costs.

Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
When I owned rental property I used a property manager even though I lived locally. It was well worth it for the advantages:

They collected the rent and took care of all the bookkeeping.

You never got a call in the middle of the night when something was wrong, they just took care of it.

Two weeks after I sold the property the sewer line broke. Since the property managers were the ones that serviced it and had all the records, I could prove that I knew nothing about any previous problems.

The cost was a deductible business expense.

The hard part is finding a good one.
For what its worth: The person who we are buying our house from had a property manager (It was a rental)

They never told him what was wrong with the place. an exterior door had to be replaced, painting was needed, The fence around the property is rotten and needs replacing..(the gate post rotted away and was laying in the yard for the longest time, Along with the gate, according to the neighbors..I could go on...

Moral of the story: Dont set it and forget it.. you still have to check up on the property managers.

Okay Google... Who are these people and why ain't they working?
Couldn’t agree more Alaskyn66. Luckily I had a great one. The one before them did absolutely nothing except collect the 10%.
10% of the rent? That actually sounds pretty low; I spend more than that on travel over there already (granted, I get a deductible trip out of it, but spend most of the time working on the house).

Chas: just out of curiosity, who did you have? One of the companies or just an individual?
Sorry I wasn’t more specific. It was on the mainland.

I was just chiming in on the advantages of having a manager.

It’s really hard to find a good one here. I’m sure it’s even harder there.