Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looks like prosecuters are serious this time.
Here is an article that examines the places where the truth intersects with the stereotype - http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northw...quest.html
It's my understanding that those who identify as gypsies as opposed to say Romanian in this case, are to varying degrees committed to carrying on that controversial tradition. It was so with the gypsy I met in Longs parking lot who approached me to buy my vehicle. We spoke for some time, I find subcultures fascinating. He's the classic gypsy, arranged marriages, attempted to seduce me formally in the middle of "negotiating" a car sale in which I had expressed no interest, vehicle was not for sale. Anyhoo sorry if I offended anyone.
quote from KJ's link: "....there's absolutely no evidence" for a higher rate of crime from Romani than from any other group of people."

That might be true for the U.S. but not Europe, where many Roma live and are disproportionately involved in crime by significant amount.

But generalizations apply to populations. In the U.S. Roma are not that common. We ought to give them the benefit of the doubt individually or in small groups.
sucks to be him...but, I think once this is all over with, they will reconsider his case and boot him out in 6 months or so. Just my opinion