Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large plane flying low over HPP on Thursday
Is it too much to assume that if it had been a 747 the OP would have been able to identify it as such? I mean huge, 4 jet engines, iconic double deck, etc. We should be able to narrow it down a bit more than "large plane" plus ruling out helicopters.
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

Anyone know what that was about? I didn't catch the markings.
In the afternoon, if I remember correctly.
-----------
So an airplane in the sky generates a new post? Puna just keeps getting more and more strange.

This is a funny thread. That said, when a large plane flies low over you it can be a pretty cool and memorable event. I will never forget one sunny day chillin on the French Riviera, and all of a sudden we were shrouded/eclipsed by a very low and slow flying Concorde.
Sheikh Nasser Bin Hamad Al Khalifa of Bahrain, who parked his 747 at Hilo for the Ironman contest might be a contender,

On Thursday afternoon about 3:30-4:00 pm it was parked at the far end of Hilo Airport. Don’t know about before or after that time.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
A 747 is one of the few planes I can identify. Not that big. Shoulda snapped a pic the second time it came around. After that it headed off in the direction of Hilo. Macuu222, you didn't hear it?
A 747 is one of the few planes I can identify. Not that big.
------------
You don't think that a 747 is a big plane?
I forgive you, you've been through a lot lately.