Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
coronavirus testing in Hawaii
I am going to suggest there are better web sites to go to for information only.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I was hoping that by keeping a day-to-day tally we could keep an easy eye on that exponential curve if/when it happens, but okay, no more posts on this. We'll all do the math separately.
Certainty will be the death of us.
Jumping a bit from Hawaii (although we are also using the Influenza-like-illness network to test for COVID-19), less people are testing positive for influenza although just as many are getting sick. COVID may be the suspected cause for these illnesses.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/12...3237394433
COVID-19 Testing in Hilo, Sunday, April 19th

The one-day clinic for COVID-19 will be held at Hilo’s Ho‘olulu Complex on Sunday, April 19, from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. Access is available only through the Pi‘ilani/Hinano entrance.

This free clinic is open to the public. However, individuals must first undergo a screening to determine if they meet the criteria to be tested. Clinic physicians on site will make the determination regarding testing. The screening criteria will be based on the guidance of the CDC and the State’s COVID-19 Response Task Force.

People who visit the screening clinic will be asked to show a photo ID. Additionally, people are asked to bring their own pen and any health insurance cards they have, although insurance is not required.

https://bigislandnow.com/2020/04/14/civi...lo-sunday/
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Besides the testing I also found this to be informative in the article:

The past week has shown a large increase of people who tested positive on Hawai‘i Island. This increase is mainly the result of fast food establishment employee contact with fellow employees and family. The establishment has closed since notification of a positive test result. It is unclear if or when it will reopen.