Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
travel talk
They had only 4 checkers handling over 300 travelers and could of had a separate line for returning residents.
---------
Interesting as I came back from a mainland trip in late June, into Kona, and went straight to a separate table for returning residents. I was 3rd off the plane and was only person at the table for returning residents. I was done in about 1 minute and on my way.
(07-29-2021, 07:09 PM)Deckman Wrote: My wife and I went off island for the month of June and flew back home July 7th on the LAX to Kona flight. We uploaded our Vaccine docs and did the 24hr health info to received a quarantine exemption from Safe Travels program. Everything was smooth except the line at Kona was 1.5 hours. The poor neighbors picking us up waited but none of us were happy in the processing system. They had only 4 checkers handling over 300 travelers and could of had a separate line for returning residents.
July 7, wasn't that one day before vaccine exemption went into effect?  Hmm.  What the heck takes so long to process people with QR codes I wonder.  That sucks.
Once we were at the check point they read our QR codes and let us leave. Took about one minute. Most were Tourist that needed help with their forms. They had 6 tables set up but only 4 people manning them. We were the third plane to land within the hour. Poor planning by Safe Travels.
Deckman
(07-30-2021, 03:52 AM)Durian Fiend Wrote: What the heck takes so long to process people with QR codes I wonder. 

Mulling, I would assume. Smile
I flew into Kona a couple days ago and waltzed right through the airport with just a brief interruption for a temperature check. The mainland airlines are now encouraging passengers to pre clear at the boarding gate by having an agent check your vaccine or test status on the Safe Travels site. If your papers are in order then you are awarded a wristband allowing free passage through the inbound airport.
Looks like we could be back to covid pretest for "everyone" (regardless of vaccination) coming to Hawaii or quarantine.

https://www.khon2.com/coronavirus/pre-tr...3Z4ChUdJeQ
^Everyone? That might help a bit, though I don’t like it.
Delta variant is said to take longer to present so one could test negative while still carrying virus.
The relatively minor problem with travelers has been unvaccinated residents coming back and not quarantining, according to authorities.
If “ quarantining” without testing remains an option than such a change would be futile.